Bill Bowen On Laurie Roth Talk Show: Watchtower Funds Child Molestors

by studying 6 Replies latest jw friends

• studying
    studying

Some Watchtower Worldwide Work Funds Go To Defend Child Molestors:

On the Laurie Roth radio talk show Bill Bowens notes “I was in the courtroom of May of this year. In which I saw two Watchtower representatives—one Watchtower attorney and one Service Department person sitting on the side of the courtroom, where a man who was convicted of raping his two daughters, got 56 years, and they were sitting there defending his religious right to not divulge information. Who paid for their travel to sit in court with a child molester? Who paid for the local law firm to put their lawyers to work? Anyone that contributes to the Worldwide Work Fund. When you or any Jehovah’s Witness donates to this fund a few cents goes to defend child molesters.”

Some of the other points by Bill:

Only 16 of 34 US states required the reporting of child abuse by clergy, a loophole the Watchtower exploit. (Why not lobby to change this in Your state)

In a pedophilia situation in Sweden, Watchtower stated in writing put out nationwide that they took the word of a child molester over his victim, a man named Anders; and they also disfellowshipped (excommnunicated) him.

• studying
    studying

Here's the link to the transcript on the silentlambs website. There's even more interesting stuff in the guestbook etc.:

http://silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=119

Now why do I feel like Ted Jaracz isn't going to like this one????

The Spirit of Pat Garza lives on..........

• Special K
    Special K

Hey studying,

Good post. I never really thought about that any money.. even a penny donation for those magazine.. helps to defend a child molester by the WTBTS.

Makes me "quiver" at that thought. YUCK,

Another reason not to give any money to them.

SPECIAL K

• waiting
    waiting

I think a lot of jw's know that their donations for the "World Wide Preaching Work" go to support the legal efforts of the WTBTS.

We just didn't know that the WTBTS legally & financially supported some of their own child molesters.

Has anyone heard or read where the WTBTS legally & financially supported a jw child molesation victim?

No? Neither have I. What a crying shame.

waiting

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That was an extremely powerful radio program. It was far more outspoken than any of the other news shows to date.

By the way, studying, there are roughly 50 states, by my last count.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

What does the WT have for brains? Garbage!!! I mean how stupid can they be to be so openly supportive of an accused pedophile? If they had anything on the ball, they won't be so openly supportive of child abusers. I haven't given a penny toward the world wide work for years. Anyone after reading this post and is still contributing toward the borg has no conscience.

Will

• waiting
    waiting

lol running man. I had to go back and see........didn't catch that first time around "16 of 34 states".

Monday comprehension and all that.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit