A Piece of Blue Sky

by Inquiry 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hi all...

Just spent the night reading A Piece of Blue Sky... incredible book by a fella named Atack... on Operation Clambake... what an amazing exposee on the Scientologist "religion". I was interested because of some of the threads here and having nothing else to do, and not feeling my best last night, I thought I would give it a go. I was impressed that the entire book was there and honestly, I couldn't stop reading it!

Atack is quite forthright in his delivery and just the culmination of events builds enough suspense to keep you reading. I never would have guessed that an organisation like Scientology inflitrates government organisations! What a surprise... their legal history is well documented on the same site as well... quite the stunner!...

Has anyone else read the book? It got me wondering why a Scientologist would be posting to this site? I think the "convert" argument may be a little weak... I know that the WT has joined with Scientologists and other groups... an org called CESNUR? I think... to defeat the activities of what they call "apostates", and I wonder now, from reading the book and learning of their outrageous "ethics" policies, if the WT might be availing themselves of some of their talents... It's just a thought...

Toodles for now

Inq

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I read "blue sky" some while ago. I found it hard going reading it online. Another good one is Millers "Bare Faced Messiah" a book documenting the history of El Ron from childhood forward. He was, apparently, quite the conman, concocting a fantastic (and fallacious) history for himself as an adventurer, scientist, and war hero. He also dabbled in black magic and experimented extensively with hypnotism. Apparently.

• jgnat
    jgnat

About CESNUR. How they see themselves:

http://www.cesnur.org/about.htm#ing

How others see them:

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex///c10.html

The co-founders of CESNUR

Introvigne, Massimo

Director of CESNUR. Considered by many - including the publisher of Apologetics Index - to be a cult apologist. For details, see the entry on CESNUR.

Introvige was long listed among the "professional referrals" of Scientology's so-called ''Cult Awareness Network'', but he does not appear on the current version of that list. However, fellow cult-apologist J. Gordon Melton (CESNUR USA) is still listed.

J. Gordon Melton

co-founded cult apologist organization CESNUR, heads CESNUR USA, and directs the Institute for the Study of American Religion (ISAR).

This Methodist minister (ordained elder in the United Methodist Church) is seen by many Christian and secular apologists and counter-cult professionals as a cult apologist.

Though Melton professes to be an Evangelical Christian, many Evangelicals do not consider his views on cults and other religions as representative.

For example, Melton claims that the Jehovah's Witnesses, Unification Church, Jonestown (Jim Jones' People's Temple), Aum Shinrikyo, the Church of Scientology, etcetera, are not cults.

Rather than recognize and acknowledge the sociological and/or theological aspects that make each of these movements cults, Melton prefers the euphemistic term "New Religious Movements."

Eileen Barker,

Founder and chairperson, INFORM. Board member, CESNUR. Professor of Sociology, London School of Economics. Considered by some to be a cult apologist.

Cult apologist Jeffrey K. Hadden's controversial memo was written on behalf of Eileen Barker and David Bromley

..an excerpt from that memo,

In spite of having some bad experiences with the media, Eileen has taken a very significant step in neutralizing anti- cult movements in the UK. I don't think that any of us feel that creating a similar organization in the US would be a substitute for continuing research. But I [sic] we all came away with the feeling that such an organization fits Kelley's criterion of responding to a need. Response to a need is, in fact, the reason that CAN and AFF have been successful.
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

.."professional referrals" of Scientology's so-called ''Cult Awareness Network'',...

Wasnt he a "professional referral" on that CAN org long before Scientology took it over? I remember writing to him years ago and I think I got onto him thru CAN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit