We'll praise them for a job well done, but it's a job that YOU can't do.

by Ariell 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

Did it ever bother you when the Watchtower published magazines praising doctors, nurses, policeman, etc., but yet discouraged witnesses from having these jobs either because they took up too much time or because they involved violence. I'm talking front page-cover stories here. Of course they did it to draw outsiders in, but the hypocrisy of these people, it baffles me sometimes. I mean seriously, what if all policemen and doctors became JW's and couldn't save lives. We'd really be screwed up then wouldn't we? Oh! I forgot. They'd all get a ressurection so it really doesn't matter. That's if a JW hasn't knocked on that door and warned them. Afterall, those who don't take to the message deserve to die. Sigh

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ariell,

You have hit on a very valid point.

It is just another indication that the jw teaching's are duplicitous to say the least. They on the one hand encourage the r & f to respect/obey 'ceasars law', yet in the next breath demand non-compliance. All predicated on THEIR interpretation of what God wants.

They can vasilate, back and forth, change their understanding from year to year, yet literaly destroy someone's life if at any time they have the audacity to disagree with their conclusions. They have set up a system that allows them a way out, for any ridiculous stand they take. It is so blatant it sometimes is pathetic. Yet jw's are quick to make appology.

Which allows them to call the police, utilize the justice system, claim social benefits, without even a moments consideration or appreciation for those that provide such services.

Look at how they milk the judicial system with their own in-house attorney's. They even use the contributions of the world wide brotherhood, to fund the college education of these staff attorney's. But hey let an individual member express the desire to become an attorney........guess what.......he/she is considered weak, because he should be devoting himself to 'the ministry'. Damn their hypocrital selves!

Danny

• Hamas
    Hamas

I used to hate the way / still hate the way that the Watchtower used to use specific sources to back up whatever they said ; but then would slag off these 'secondary' sources when it used to suit them.

It's like they used to pick and chose who they wanted to quote, but only when it suited them.

This was one of the very earliest doubts I had as a Witness.

Remember Johannes Greber ? He was the perfect example.

http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/Johannes_Greber.htm

• Francois
    Francois

How about their "now he's a christian, now he's not" scam?

Years ago in the WT, Arias was called a "christian writer" when he penned something the WT was in favor of. In a later publication, Arias was excoriated as the father of the Arian Heresy and not worth the dynamite it would take to blow him to hell.

Just depended on which of his writings was being quoted that day.

But the stable element in all this was the hypocrisy of the WTBTS, it could be counted on like the sun rising and setting.

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

They told me being a firefighter was quite honorable, especially volunteering. However I should not do this because of the heavy worldy association involved. The firefighters do excellent work, they say, however they are really bad people. All in the same breath. Well, last time I checked, I dont know of any workplace that doesnt have worldly association unless it is owned by JW's and they only hire from within the ranks. (That is just a bad of place to work). So its ok for someone else to do that kind of work, but they are really still bad people.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    but yet discouraged witnesses from having these jobs either because they took up too much time or because they involved violence.

They discourage people from having jobs that can involve violence? I've never heard of this, and never had anything said to me about my job. A lot of people were interested in it, and gave me more respect when they found out what it was.

Gadget

• Ariell
    Ariell
    They discourage people from having jobs that can involve violence? I've never heard of this, and never had anything said to me about my job. A lot of people were interested in it, and gave me more respect when they found out what it was.

I'm refering to jobs that require you to fire a gun if necessary. Witnesses aren't allowed to be polices. I've known some to lose their priveledges because of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit