bible translations

by minstrel 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minstrel
    minstrel

Hello,

I would like the title of any available bible translations from the original greek/hebrew. Preferably from a scholarly authorship rather than personal 'sect' influences. Also, I would be interested if the translation can be incorporated in a 'parallel' version.

best wishes

charles

• robhic
    robhic

Try this website: http://www.e-sword.net/ for a bunch of different bible translations. They are free to download but the size of the file makes it slow if your connection is a slow one. You can also get the entire content on CD for a donation. Browse the site to see all that's available.

You can get Hebrew, Greek, Latin and many English translations along with translations in may different languages. There are commentaries, dictionaries, maps and all kinds of stuff. It is a wonderful resource and with all of the advanced search capabilities and other helps contained this is one complete work. I find it amazing.

Robert

• noko
    noko

WOW! That reference is great, THANKS.

• mizpah
    mizpah

I have in my library The NASB-NIV parallel New Testment in Greek and English with interlinear translation by Alfred Marshall. This has proven to be an interesting reference for the NT.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

This website gives a diagram show the literal, dynamic, and in the middle translations: http://www.zondervanbibles.com/translations.htm

• christopher
    christopher

If you want some great information,try this. www.ffrt.org/lfif losing faith in faith by Dan Baker. He was a preacher for 19 years. there are other things like contradictions in the bible. Hope you try it and antbody else who wants to get informed.

• Faraon
    Faraon
    If you want some great information,try this. www.ffrt.org/lfif losing faith in faith by Dan Baker. He was a preacher for 19 years. there are other things like contradictions in the bible. Hope you try it and antbody else who wants to get informed.

Tried the link, but it does not work.

• 1 Peter 3:15
    1 Peter 3:15

One resource is NET Bible (New English Translation), which can be viewed online or downloaded for free at www.bible.org. It has extensive footnotes explaining why the translators chose to translate a certain passage the way they did. I think they've done a great job, but the great thing is they let you decide.

I also have the E-sword program. It is a great resource for the price (free).

Good luck with your search for the true word of God.

P.S. A couple good books that respond to claims of Biblical contradictions and errors are When Critics Ask : A Popular Handbook on Bible Difficulties by Norman L. Geisler and New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties by Gleason L. Archer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit