how to change password and delete old pm's

by sowhatnow 5 Replies latest forum tech-support

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

title pretty self explanatory.

all thats at the top of the page is my screen name message alert sign out then the search.

when i go to my screen name for settings there is nothing there to change password  just change the avatar.

we also should have the easy option of deleting our account  [ and every post we made,  totally if we need to].

advice?

• Simon
    Simon

I need to add password changing to the profile page so people can update it.

Deleting an account plus every post you've ever made is never going to happen - it would completely ruin lots of topics and make them disjointed / difficult to follow. If someone has revealed specific personal information then we may consider editing that out but wholesale deletion of accounts and content isn't an option.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    ok ill wait then thanks
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

is password changing coming anytime soon?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "Deleting an account plus every post you've ever made is never going to happen - it would completely ruin lots of topics and make them disjointed / difficult to follow."

Not to mention it's vital if and when we call bullshit on apologists and haters and need to back it up with proof of what they've said.

The 30-minute post editing cutoff works well for that, too.

• alias
    alias
    Are we still not be able to delete PMs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit