July 22, 1978

by brianhenke 9 Replies latest jw friends

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

Were you baptized that day? I remember...it was a convention here in Cincinnati (no conventions here in the 80s, 90s and 2000s) and I heard there was one in London that same day.

Brian

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Brian, and welcome to the forum.

I remember, just a few weeks before your baptism, there was a large Internation Convention in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was held at the Olympic Stadium.

There were many people who were to be baptized, and wouldn't you know (if anyone was there), a ominous thunderstorm roared overhead. You can imagine the the looks on everyones faces.

Anyways, I wasn't baptized until 1981 (biggest mistake), but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks for your post Brian.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Welcome Brian,

Same year for me. Different day and city though.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Brian!

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome Brian! I was already baptized a few years by then.

Razor: I was at that assembly in Montreal. Vinny and I drove up from Massachusetts. That thunderstorm came thru with a vengeance. We left our tent windows open that day. We came back to a small lake that included soggy sleeping bags and clothes.

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

Er, I haven't been a witness (hey, mark my B-day next week) - but several years ago someone gave me a WT tract while she was driving me a car.

On January 1, no less. I study (hah!) the latest Witness news from around the world - just last week, 214 were baptized at the International Convention in Copenhagen. But I've been in a KH, though!

Well, anyway I am thinking about joining a church (not JWs) where people wear bathing suits to their immersion!

• onacruse
    onacruse

brian, welcome to the forum!

I am thinking about joining a church (not JWs) where people wear bathing suits to their immersion!

What do other people wear? Not??

Craig

• Hamas
    Hamas

Welcome to the forum, my friend.

Glad to have you with us. Peace to you.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was baptized that same day exactly 10 years later.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was born that year!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit