..Sue the WTS for Loss of Earnings ?

by core 3 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Has anyone considered suing the WT for compensation for loss of earnings? When I was young we were encouraged instructed to Pioneer - Sell WTs or Die (to quote Running Man) - It was WRONG to pursue higher education or a professional career.

Many are in a similar position facing old age with dread and have had a life living on far less than if a 'real' job had been taken

The WT will claim that you were not forced to Pioneer - it was a matter of personal conscience/choice (or to put it in simple terms emotional blackmail) -

Tobacco Companies dont make people smoke yet they are being sued for millions by smokers? ANy chance of unlocking the WT money box?

• Jourles
    Jourles

It might work for those who were raised around the 1940's....

Taken from The Watchtower July 1, 1943:

The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practicable by further instructing us through his "faithful and wise servant." He says, 'Let us assign the field, the world, to special pioneers, regular pioneers and companies of Jehovah's witnesses in an orderly way, sufficient for everyone to thoroughly witness therein, and let us place upon each one the responsibility of caring for the New World interests in these respective assignments. He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develop into a reasonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers 150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as can be properly developed during that time. And for company publishers he says, 'Let us make a quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and at least one study a week for each publisher.' These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us; and, for those who really love the Lord are are guided by his counsel, that is a reasonable service requirement. This expression of the Lord's will should be the end of all controversy. It is for your good that these requirements are made; for thereby you are enable to prove your integrity and magnify the Lord's name.

You were never forced to pioneer, but how could anyone live up to these requirements and still make a decent living? Afterall, it was God himself who set aside these requirements for you to follow. The same God that you swear to in court. The same God that the USA trusts.

• topanga
    topanga

Only if witnesses on the job cause you to loose your job by slanderings lies and troublemaking.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

They have a team of free lawyers just waiting to defend their rights. There is very little accountability they have to anyone except themselves. I figure ten years of pioneering--10,000hrs @ $10.00=$100,000 of free labor they got out of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit