Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Am I therefore to assume you are saying the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim?

I don't say it, but I recognize it to be correct in a legal and philosophic sense (onus probandi). Also, you can assume whatever you like, that's entirely up to you.

If that is the case and you were to say "God does not exist" could you prove that?

We're I to make that claim, then yes, it would be.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - I'm confused. Punky shuffles away and leaves quietly.

Image result for milligan life of brian

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Now we got us a thread! Bananas and human dna coupled with nonevolving computer programs and a someone foolish enoigh to tangle with viv/coffy.

new over under is +- 25 pages

• Caedes
    Caedes

stuffwotifink,

I can see no evidence that you have the slightest clue that you have any personal understanding of the things you have linked to. The things you have linked to are not exactly rocket science, it's very basic stuff and your repeated claims that people don't understand it because they disagree with articles you have linked to just makes you seem like you don't actually have anything to say.

If you care so little why do you keep replying?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk- " I'm confused. punk shuffles away and leaves quietly"

And the Rebel uses this to assume you were talking about " Onus Probandi" which you weren't.

Anyway in my definition Viviane " Onus Probandi" is a legal term shifting the burden of proof a person needs to proove their claim?

The Rebel.

p.s Morpheus i am not foolish enough to tankle with Viv, I am only trying to ask sincere questions.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Your motive dosent matter, only her perception. The over under stands at 25 pages
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Morpheus.

Thanks & Noted.

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Anyway in my definition Viviane " Onus Probandi" is a legal term shifting the burden of proof a person needs to proove their claim?

What do you mean by "shifting". Why wouldn't the responsibility lie with the person making the claim?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane I agree the responsibility should "lie with the one making the claim" But for illustration this is why I say " the responsibility does not lie with the one making the claim"

Now let's assume you just came from the election board. Viviane is now sitting on the bench and everything is absolutely legal. We have just discoverd that I voted more than once.Now this is wrong, but do my two votes count ? Unless you can disprove this matter I would suggest they do.

So can you prove God does not exist?

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    But for illustration this is why I say " the responsibility does not lie with the one making the claim"
    Now let's assume you just came from the election board. Viviane is now sitting on the bench and everything is absolutely legal. We have just discoverd that I voted more than once.Now this is wrong, but do my two votes count ? Unless you can disprove this matter I would suggest they do.

I don't understand why that example makes sense in relation to the question of god's existence. You'll have to connect the dots.

So can you prove God does not exist?

Define god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit