Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    With all the advances in science, still no 'fact' answer on where we came from and how we and all life on Earth came to be, just theories.

You're free to stop using anything that is a result of science if you truly think it has so little value. Before you do, however, understand that a theory in science is supported by evidence, experiment, observation and has been shown to have predictive powers.

All you've shown is that you fundamentally have no knowledge of the very thing you use to tell us how lacking it is.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    What a strange thing to say. The strongest evidence for unguided evolution is to be found in genetic research.

Having done computer programming for several years, I'll attempt to explain why genetic research amplifies my belief in a creator rather than the opposite.

DNA and genetics operate so closely to computer programming you can view them as a computer program. I linked an article about that awhile ago.

Once you design a computer program, you can automate many features and have the entire program fully automated and even self replicating (computer virus), etc. Once the foundation is created, you can sit back and let it do it's thing.

Also when computers were made, somebody didn't just post java, asp, c++, etc code onto the hard drive and the computer knew what to do. The infrastructure, platforms, etc all had to be developed else it would just be random text in a text file that did nothing.

Understanding how programming works and knowing how genetics and DNA and how DNA turns from code/instructions into the billions of life forms on Earth, I see it working as biological computers and biological code.

It's now inevitable since as of today we have the technology and all conditions needed present, that one day a smart enough programmer will create a program of advanced AI perhaps to the point it becomes self aware and that program will on it's own go on to do many great things. Either creating other programs or if implemented into robotics far exceed what any human could do. Nothing will ever change the fact that it's life started with intelligent design.

So that's why, whether a supreme cosmic power or another biological life form that either started life processes on Earth and let them automate themselves, or if a previous world exploded and DNA floated through space landing on Earth, to me w/ the limits of what is known now my conclusion is still the origin of life on Earth was from another intelligent life.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Since I mentioned it, here is the article I posted awhile back, http://ds9a.nl/amazing-dna/ "Dna through the eyes of a programmer". I thought the article was amazingly done and had a great way of explaining how I view DNA as well being a programmer.

One other article that explains my viewpoint can be seen here, http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/issuesideas/story.html?id=8f7f51f2-a196-4677-9399-46f4f17b5b61

• Viviane
    Viviane
    DNA and genetics operate so closely to computer programming you can view them as a computer program.

That is absolutely untrue. Once again you show an uninformed and uneducated opinion on the topic.

Once the foundation is created, you can sit back and let it do it's thing.

That's not how life, programming, application development or computing infrastructures work at all.

Understanding how programming works and knowing how genetics and DNA and how DNA turns from code/instructions into the billions of life forms on Earth, I see it working as biological computers and biological code

You're comparing something that happens and evolves due to physics to something that's created with a specific purpose and cannot evolve. In what way are they the same?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Scientology sounds convincing to me!
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I thought the article was amazingly done and had a great way of explaining how I view DNA as well being a programmer.

I;'ve seen that article. He is attempting to reverse apply puposeful design by humans using manufactured software and hardware onto biological evolution. It's a huge mistake in logic and philosophy (teleological mistakes, to be specific) that undermines his entire argument.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    You're comparing something that happens and evolves due to physics to something that's created with a specific purpose and cannot evolve.

Computer programs absolutely can evolve! And it's only a matter of time before one is made that will be similar to a newborn child in which it's able to constantly take in information and learn and execute it's own made up decisions. We have the hard drive space capacities to house all the information and code needed, processing speed, etc. AND from not many years ago when such conditions would have been a computer the size of an entire building it's all small enough to be contained into robotics. If you have a kinect, that's technology with a computer using a camera (eye) as well as vocal and able to respond.

• cofty
    cofty
    Having done computer programming for several years, I'll attempt to explain why genetic research amplifies my belief in a creator rather than the opposite.

Stopped reading right there.

DNA is not a programme, it has no information or instructions of any kind. All of these things are nothing more than metaphors. DNA is just nucleotides doing their thing.

In computer programming there is an intention, in the evolution of living things there is none. You are making the error of reading teleology into a place where it does not exist.

• cofty
    cofty

See two people thought of the word "teleology" when they read your post so you are clearly wrong. Stop typing now and repent.

Damnit Viv that was my word!!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    DNA is not a programme, it has no information or instructions of any kind.

Wow, for being Mr. Science, to say DNA has 'no information or instructions' of any kind do you even know what DNA is or does? Let's look at a textbook definition of it..... "is a molecule that carries(STORES INFORMATION) most of the genetic INSTRUCTIONS used in the development, functioning and reproduction of all known livingorganisms and many viruses." Actually I should have just told you to read a basic 5th grade science book to understand DNA then get back to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit