Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane let me introduce myself, I am God and I am sure you have been hearing of my charity work? and my fight against injustice and poverty? Well I happened to be in court today when your thrilling address to the jury proved this was all bullshit. But that does not prove my non existence.

Viviane can you prove My non-existence?

kind Regards

God.

The Rebel.

• pronomono
    pronomono
    Define god.

Guardians of Doctrine, according to the GB.

So according to this definition, although I do not believe in G.O.D., G.O.D. does exist in a self-appointed way.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane let me introduce myself, I am God and I am sure you have been hearing of my charity work? and my fight against injustice and poverty? Well I happened to be in court today when your thrilling address to the jury proved this was all bullshit. But that does not prove my non existence.

Define god, calling yourself that is in no way a definition, no more than sticking feathers up your butt makes you a chicken.

Viviane can you prove My non-existence?

whose? You've given me one's existence to prove or disprove.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane your great. If you could give me a straight answer as why you say God does not exist I would appreciate it, otherwise continuing this conversation is going nowhere. Viviane I am an athiest, but you are the respected celebrated lawyer and expert on this board, alwaysgiving giving a funeral to those that believe in God. Personally I have no problem with that, if you could prove God does not exist. But you can't.

My conclusion is even Athiests like Viviane and the Rebel without being able to offer conclusive evidence God does not exist can be wrong.

The Rebel

• cappytan
    cappytan

When will people get it that the onus is on the one making the claim to prove that claim.

When a theist says, "There is a God!" and the atheist says, "I don't believe you," it's not up to the atheist to prove his position. The burden of proof is on the one making the extraordinary claim.

Rebel: Viv doesn't have to prove that there is no God. That responsibility lies with the one claiming there is a God.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cappytan " When will people get it that the onus is on the one making the claim to prove that claim"

Agreed.You should also note this thread is titled " Why do you no longer believe in God" so I assumed comments would offer evidence to that effect.

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If you could give me a straight answer as why you say God does not exist I would appreciate it

I didn't say God does not exist.

Viviane I am an athiest, but you are the respected celebrated lawyer and expert on this board, alwaysgiving giving a funeral to those that believe in God

Your snark is noted and dismissed.

Personally I have no problem with that, if you could prove God does not exist. But you can't.

Define "god".

My conclusion is even Athiests like Viviane and the Rebel without being able to offer conclusive evidence God does not exist can be wrong.

Everyone is wrong about something sometimes. That has nothing to do with this.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You should also note this thread is titled " Why do you no longer believe in God" so I assumed comments would offer evidence to that effect.

You're taking "why don't I believe in god" and trying to turn it into "I can prove god doesn't exist". Those aren't the same things.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Noted Viviane, thanks for the respectful replys. Have a great evening, I am off to football with my boy.

The Rebel.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

So Viviane, I understand you are saying that you are explaining why you don't BELIEVE in God without necessarily saying that someone can one day offer you proof the existence of God?

If I misunderstood your statement, please be so kind and clarify.

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit