Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    At the very least I would say they are entitled to spread their belief so long they would allow the rest of us to discuss it openly without retaliation.

And yet you are complaining discussing religious beliefs opening and without fear of retaliation.

• cofty
    cofty
    I don't care how empirical evidence you can gather. Even when you have a solid foundation for your claim, it doesn't entitle you to convince others either. - STA

I'm not entitled to convince others of truth. Eh?

I am not saying that is what you are doing cofty, but in such cases, the respectful thing to do is to drop your evidence and let others draw their conclusions. - STA

Once again eh?

The way to treat people with respect is to refuse to respect their superstitions, treat them like an intelligent adult and share the facts with them. What they do with the facts is up to them.

• cofty
    cofty
    There are people on this forum - "in a funny sort of way everybody is right" - who would prefer we just posted pictures of cute kittens and swapped recipes.
  • Simon
    Simon

Religious belief can be respected at home and in church. If you want to bring your beliefs outside, especially if you are going to be trying to sell them to others, then you should be prepared to have them critiqued and ridiculed.

Everyone gets to have an opinion ... it would be a sad world if beliefs couldn't be challenged (it would also be a medieval world).

• cofty
    cofty
    it would also be a medieval world - Or a Muslim Caliphate - or a JW paradise
  • bohm
    bohm

Viv, you asked for an example of a computer program that evolved and i provided a list.

I really dont get why you interact the way you do with people on this forum. It appears you are only interesting in starting and winning arguments, not with superior arguments or facts, but with anger and rethoric. Are you a happy person?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I heard something simple and amazingly profound last night

"truth is not controversial"

We could say facts are not controversial.

Beliefs certainly can be because we can believe things that are dead wrong and totally crazy. But real truth there is nothing you can do about it.

When you express an unfounded believe expect controversy. Express a fact and no one can dispute it unless they are just crazy.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viv, you asked for an example of a computer program that evolved and i provided a list

No, I didn't.

I really dont get why you interact the way you do with people on this forum

OK.

Are you happy?

Incredibly so. What does that have to do with you not answering my question or understanding things?

• Simon
    Simon
    it would also be a medieval world - Or a Muslim Caliphate - or a JW paradise

Yes, all of them the exact same world, they only differ in their singing.

For some reason I always picture Game of Thrones as the end result of religious reign. But without the cool dragons.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Everyone keeps on gravitating towards "if you try to convince me of your superstitions". How many times do I have to repeat the part where I say.. "unless you try to convince me?"

Obviously nobody is reading objectively and that is where I see that there is something else behind some of the opinions.

I will practice what I preach and go start my own thread when I get a chance. Is almost 5 o'clock in Texas. Time go home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit