Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I ask that, out of respect for other contributors, you refrain from attacking someone personally.

Can you quote where you think Cofty personally insulted someone? I can't find it.

• cofty
    cofty

Where did I name call or make a personal attack?

I responded to a common bullshit attack on science.

It is not a personal attack to point out that anybody who demonstrates a total lack of understanding of basic science and who thinks that woo woo is worthy of respect is intellectually lazy.

I never make personal attacks or resort to name-calling.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Science is constantly changing. 50 years from now what is taught now may be 'old light'.

Some things yes, others no.

What I like about Science is that when it is wrong, it admits it, and strives to correct this.

The other thing I like about Science is that if you choose not to believe them they don't judge you and if they deem you unworthy, upon your death, torture you for all eternity in a lake of fire.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Viviane and cofty:

Cofty, while you didn't spell it out, you did call EOM a bull***ter.

EOM did also throw some jabs at both of you which is also not very nice.

I just sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution and believe that by being respectful and respectfully refuting an argument is better than being argumentative which is not very conducive to a healthy forum environment.

Thank you guys for your contribution.

• cofty
    cofty

No I didn't. Please provide a quote in context

I don't think he did and in any case I don't care, I'm not fragile. Throw as many personal insults at me as you like and I will respond with facts and evidence. Stop being offended on behalf of others

• Viviane
    Viviane

He didn't call EoM a bullshitter, but you want to claim he did anyway.

I've long ago let go of any expectation for Christians to be nice. They are in a blood cult that promises to murder then torture you for all eternity, after all, if you don't agree with them.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Google didn't make the assertion, you did. Time to back it up if you expect to be taken seriously.
    It this point, it simply sounds like you read a shitty paper, took a complete misunderstanding of science, DNA, teleology, computing, logic and forming and argument and ran with it and now are trying to get of out backing up a single thing you claimed.
    That about sum it up?

Thanks viv for these excellent replies you've made to your own typical responses.

EVERYBODY SAVE VIV'S RESPONSES HERE! So now the next time she makes claims and you ask her to back them up, or you ask her to validate any of her statements, you can use her own replies to her own typical answers of "use google", "read a book", "i'm not doing the work for you", etc.

Secondly Viv, since you are neither willing nor capable of having an actual debate/discussion, you always expect people to back up what they say but then give replies like, "Nope that's wrong", and when asked to back up why you say it's wrong, your generic replies of, "use google", "I'm not doing the work for you". No desire to answer any of your questions anymore. If all you do is troll, nobody will take you seriously anymore. If you want me to back up what I say, then start backing up what you say. If you'll give BS responses, expect the same from me if any response at all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Modern humans have been on Earth anywhere from 100,000 to 250,000 years. All of the people who ever lived on this Earth prior to the birth, life, and death of Jesus of Nazareth never heard of Jesus nor read the Christian Holy Bible.

There are people alive today who have never heard of the Christian Bible, the Christian Gods or the many religions that have come from this faith base. Their ancestors never did, and neither will their future generations.

This is a tribe of indigenous people living in the Amazon rain forest discovered in 2008. What God(s) do you think they believe in?

• Twitch
    Twitch

LOL @ EoM

• Viviane
    Viviane

I always make sure that I can back up what I post. You're lack of ability to do the same is not my problem.

To be fair, whether not I want something is irrelevant. It's about what you want. If you want to be taken seriously, the back up your claims. That you're obfuscating and prevaricating and attempting to blame me for you failure in the equivalent of a childish tantrum doesn't harm me, it simply shows you're not yet ready for a rational, evidence and fact based discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit