Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    But the fact stands that both evolved or originated from dust.

What, specifically originated from "dust"? What was this "dust" made of? Does it still exist? What's your evidence for this?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

That which is supported by mere opinion can also be dismissed by mere opinion.

So here is my challenge, how can we prove or not prove this existence of a being whose non existence is inconcivable?

The Rebel.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Yes, I did. And it wasn't a challenge, it was a request for proof of EoMs claim (which bohm was also unable to answer).

Also, people keep forgetting the keywords you used in your answer...you stated that there was no computer program that evolved on its own.

That's true. It's because there is no such program.

Why the subject of computer programs that evolve ever came up to begin with is beyond me, though. It's a non-starter false equivalency.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @tenatious -Nature, in its various forms, has always existed. No god created it. In the infinitude that is nature, innumerable universes are successively produced and destroyed through periodic convulsions. Our universe is only one of many and like all such universes ours was formed from the wreckage of the previous cosmos... And so the next universe will be formed from the ruins of our cosmos... This process is independent of any god.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    So here is my challenge, how can we prove or not prove this existence of a being whose non existence is inconcivable?

Everyone who's ever existed has not proved god's existence.

Also, I can easily conceive of the non-existence of any god.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane I am a little lost in the formation of your assertion. It appears to me you are simply stating your personal assurance God does not exist? I am sorry if I appear argumentative, ( I am new to not believing in God) please clarify how does your assertion prove or not prove the existence of God?

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Rebel, you asked how we could not prove the existence of god. No one has been able to prove it yet, so everyone has "not proved" it by default.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Tenaciousan hour agoThe relevance of dust and bananas was explained well by The Rebel.

I must have missed this one.

Reb, what did you say?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for the quick reply Viviane. Am I therefore to assume you are saying the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim? If that is the case and you were to say "God does not exist" could you prove that?

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk " The relevance of dust and bananas was explained well by the Rebel"

Punk ( Q) Reb,what did you say?

The Rebel ( A) Actually " Tecnaciousan " I believe was replying to my response to his mustard seed comment.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit