Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Q) Why do I know longer believe in God?

A) Historical criticim.

Anyway I don't feel I need a label, I am who Iam and that's me.

The Rebel.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Just to add to make my last comment relevant...and therefore we don't need to invoke a magical sky god to account for our being alive.
  • cofty
    cofty
    science has found that strawberries and bananas DNA have similar characteristics to our own DNA. And in the Genesis account God says we were created from the ground or dust - Tenacious

Could you join the dots please?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is one of THOSE threads!

I sit here reading bits of it, rather amused. It just seems like deja vue.........I keep remembering what that is....no wait....I forgot.

I'm interested to see what the bananas and dust connection is though.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punkofnice " This so one of THOSE threads!

Agreed, when I play chess it's always with an end game in mind, and I have never read a thread that proves or disproves the existence of God. Maybe both sides need a better lawyer?

The Rebel.

• cofty
    cofty
    I have never read a thread that proves or disproves the existence of God

I have some sympathy with that. If nobody has the balls to actually define the thing they call "god" then it's a fool's errand.

If they have the courage of their convictions to say positive things about their god then we can have a useful conversation.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Anyway as we are coming up to Xmas, let's get in the Christmas spirit and assume Santa Clause is the all powerful God. I mean it could be argued that he controls almost 20% of world fiscal activity. But then again point taken " Cofty" this is is not really adding to " a useful conversation"

The Rebel.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The relevance of dust and bananas was explained well by The Rebel. Does it go on to prove definitively that we evolved over millions of years? Perhaps, yes. But the fact stands that both evolved or originated from dust.

Then again, some in history have alluded to a Christ having walked the Earth. Then I remember reading the Apollos account by Terry which made me reflect the writings of Paul and the Bible in general.

There are arguments for both sides and I'll be the first to admit that science is starting to crack the "why are we here and where did we come from" shell that has existed for many centuries now. Yet again, scientists opinion that life originated from space. If it did, who or what placed sparked it? Scientist agree that the Big Bang started it all, yet, who initiated the Big Bang? And why has there not been another Big Bang since or has there?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Reasons Santa must be God:

He delivers presents to children all over the earth in one night, so obviously he is all powerful.

Millions believe in their hearts that he exists.

He has a white beard, so obviously he is old, so he must be very wise, therefore God.

I cannot accept a world without Santa, I know in my heart he must exist.

The poem that starts "twas the night before Christmas" speaks of him, it's been around a long time, many have read it, proving his existence

He has a magic sleigh and flying reindeer, and thousands of elves working for him, therefore God

And the number one thing that proves Santa must exist:

No one can prove he doesn't .

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane you still haven't answered bohm's reply to your challenge to name an evolving computer program.

Yes, I did. And it wasn't a challenge, it was a request for proof of EoMs claim (which bohm was also unable to answer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit