Why Do You No Longer Believe in God?

by Tenacious 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I know this question has popped up from time to time but I really would like to know how you guys, those that no longer believe, came to that conclusion? Was it the WTS and all its crap? Was it something you read? Was it something you experienced? What led you to your current beliefs or non-beliefs?

Please if at all possible, try and support your answer with references. This way other members when reaching this thread can clearly view the different point of views and why those positions have been taken.

Personally speaking, I do continue to believe in a Creator God. I will admit though, sometimes that foundation shakes a little. And finding TTATT sure as heck did not help at all. I have however, found comfort in www.perimeno.ca

That's not a plug rather an admittance on what sustains me to this day.

Is it we have to believe in something or hold faith in something bigger, grander, more fulfilling than our current life in order to be satisfied in a spiritual way? Is there anything to a higher consciousness?

Thanks for participating.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Oh, I do believe there must be a God. I also believe he is the ultimate jerk!!!

SL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

_Morpheus, whats the over-under on how many pages this is gonna go to?

There is zero evidence to make me believe there is a god, and the idea of a Creator/god seems even more far fetched. This is not a claim that there is no creator/catalyst whatever. Just belief there isn't.

Who created god?

Who is god?

Is he gods?

What is he?

Is it a she? an it? a them? An unintelligent random force? A computer? an alien? YHWH?

what what what???

I can say the god of the bible is utter gibberish, as for whats unknown thats all it is, unknown.

No one should be claiming belief in something they themselves can't even describe if asked.

• Joliette
    Joliette
    I think that God is something that exist within people. I do not believe their is a God that controls the universe at all. I like to say that I'm a humanist, not an atheist. I'm not gonna lie I'm still learning everyday. I'm not a Christian at all. Thought I was one, but I started doing research, and that is not me.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i was born not believing in god.
  • prologos
    prologos
    ." --Personally speaking, I do continue to believe in a Creator God.--" same here. and

he always favours the winner. encourages a competitive universe. it radiates with excellence. -not socalled New light.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Can any believers tell me why they don't believe in Vishnu? Zeus? Xenu? Please tell my why you don't believe in them?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I believed, totally, but I'd been raised to believe. Once I started questioning Watchtower doctrine the doubts became a flood and everything was up for grabs!

I simply moved from not needing a reason to believe to needing one, and I couldn't find that reason. I still can't.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol well freemind my friend, the odds usually start at 20 pages, over/under. The OP isnt dogmatic though so that takes it down a little. The only hope for a long running battle is for some of the god people to show up and spout silliness prompting viv/coffy to battle back.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Logical thinking and an understanding of the biological sciences killed my long held belief in a creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit