What is the jw position regarding blood transfusions now?

by Ron1968 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

Does anyone know what the jw position is on blood these days? Or could you point me to a website that gives their position. It has changed I know since I was in the organization 5 years ago. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks.

Ron

• Jourles
  • Ron1968
    Ron1968

Thanks Jourles!!!

Ron

• yxl1
    yxl1

Mmmm. I'd like to see which scripture they use to justify this new madness

• mizpah
    mizpah

I wonder if the acception of some of these blood products are based only on a "fraction" of scriptures?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Scroll down to the links section of this forum and click on Link : Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood This link has a boat load of info on the blood issue. Bug

• obiwan
    obiwan

So if the wt is no longer df'ing people for this, what about the people in the past who were. Are they to be reinstated? Is there any corrections by the wt on these actions?

• blondie
    blondie

obiwan, it is only semantics. Instead of DF'ing people for taking blood products, the WTS says they have disassociated themselves by taking blood products. That protects the WTS legally and makes their agreements with certain governments as Bulgaria seem truthful. It is the individual JW's choice to remove themselves from the group, supposedly. DF'd or DA'd "righteous" JWs will treat them the same.

Blondie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The old policy was: Blood transfusions are wrong. If you take one, God will kill you.

The new policy is: Taking a blood transfusion is up to your conscience. Your conscience bloody well better tell you that it is wrong. If you take one, God will kill you.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good summary Runningman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit