Stupid JW Parents <oh! excuse me>

by reagan_oconnor 5 Replies latest jw friends

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I don't know what conjured this memory up... maybe it was the Cabbage Patch dolls/bedtime story thread...

When I was a kid, maybe 10 years old, bodily functions were hilarious in my house (even for us girls). It was common for one of us kids to "let one rip" and Dad to feign irritation and say, "who did that?! Did you let one?!" (It was even funnier when the culprit was my mother, who would invariably blame the youngest child for the gasseousness.)

I'll never forget, Dad was reading us a bedtime story (from My Book of Bible Stories)one evening, and I had a little too much soda at dinner. I leaned over on my sister, and let one right on her. We giggled, but Dad didn't think it was very funny. Full of righteous indignation (prime elder material, if you ask me), he said, "I can't believe you would do that! That's like farting on Jesus' sacrifice!"

Oh my God, it was all I could do to not to burst out laughing right there. My sister started giggling, and that was it. I burst out laughing and got sent to my room, grounded for a week (A WEEK!!) and had to write an essay on "showing appreciation for Jesus' sacrifice."

Whew...

Hey! Who let one?!

"I'm not a woman to be honked at." -- Maureen O'Hara, The Quiet Man

• Angharad
    Angharad

Reminds me of a time in our hall when a very large sister let one rip very loudly, her husband quickly leaned over and slapped one of the kids heads. This kid was not going to take the blame and yelled out "but dad, it was mum". He promtely received another slap accross his head.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

You are right, they were stupid. They were stupid to have you.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Geez, is it just me, or does little freddy sound like he needs to get laid or something...

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

God forbid we do that in our house! It's like bodily functions don't even exist to MY mother!!

Slipnslideius Masterus: ... Strength and Honor ...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

A couple of weeks ago my parents were over. It was Thursday night, so
    we were watching "Survivor", which my mother had never seen before.
    After half an hour, she gave her assessment: "What would Jehovah think
    of that!"

The phrase has now become common in our family. We apply it to just
    about everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit