Blair, DC Keynote Addresses and Feeling Good

by ISP 2 Replies latest social current

• ISP
    ISP

Having heard the speech from Blair to the US congress, you couldn't escape the lack of real substance in what was being actually said. I suppose you could not expect that. It reminded me of the many DC keynote addresses I have heard in my time as a dub. Very little substance but punctuated by rapturous applause. The faithful leave happy that they have gods blessing. Blairs speech had the same effect. It made congress feel good. I understand some were moved to tears. Ask them why and they won't know today. It shows how close the evangelist and politician both use the 'feel good' factor to delude. Critical thinkers can leave now because it is not for them. How similar they both are with the shamen in tribal communities of yesteryear in the way he would enact a struggle between good and evil around a fire with that would entertain and convince his audience that all was well. They would leave just as dubs from a DC or the Senators from congress yesterday.

ISP

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Blair was just saying what the congress and Bush wanted to here.

He was telling them that they were right and that history would forgive them if WMD weren't found because invading Iraq was the right thing to do.

It leaves a bad taste as he is under extreme pressure at home and people are feeling betrayed. He goes over to the US to a hero's welcome.

He was going to recieve some sort of medal because of his support for Bush, but even Blair thought that was going too far!

• Simon
    Simon

It was blatant "ear tickling" and a complete waste of time.

If he was worth his salt as a real leader then he would have gone and said, hey America, we in the rest of the world don't think your doing enough pollution & climate wise. Why aren't you signing up for agreements? Eh?

Spineless cretin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit