How to start up your own cult

by refiners fire 9 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

“Becoming a cult leader is not as tough as you might think. All it takes is a little charisma and some insecure, feeble-minded followers. The reasons you might wanna become one are many -- it pays well (and all of it tax-exempt), you get lotsa nookie, you can get other people to do your laundry, etc…..

What follows, then, is a set of E-Z instructions by which you can soon amass your own group of pasty-faced, glassy-eyed sycophantic no-hopers who will do your bidding for you.

All you have to be is confident, to the absolute. Once you've established your basic set of core beliefs -- your schtick, as it were -- no matter how ridiculous they may be, entertain no doubts and brook no arguments. They are truth, and by extension so are you. Remember that everyone you meet is, deep inside, like a scrawny branch wavering in the stiff wind of life, just waiting for a big tree to sprout up alongside and protect them. Be that tree….

Keep in mind that it doesn't really matter what tripe you feed your troupe, so long as you feed it to them with unswerving conviction. I read about one guru down in Australia who has nine wives and 69 children, and all he ever preaches to them about is equal rights for women and Hawaiian culture! To paraphrase Elvis, white trash is as white trash does, there's no in-between, you're either with it all the way or you've blown the scene. In other words, try the laundromat. Down at the local suds parlor you'll find oodles of brain-dead scum, Perfect cult fodder. Seek out those who seem to be alone, and those who act like whipped pups…. Use you imagination; think like your potential victims think. Don't rule out ethnics. And above all, remember that no matter how dumb you are, most of the population is even stupider, so almost everyone you meet is worth your consideration...

To truly capture the body you must truly capture the mind, and the first step in doing so is to figure out your mark's weaknesses. Think big -- decide if they're insecure, alienated, feeling unloved, etc. A big fat juicy sucker will most likely exhibit symptoms of all of these and more, and be ripe for the picking….

Whatever your potential followers' needs are, give to them in grand, exaggerated gestures. If they want for food and shelter, provide them with sumptuous meals and a comfortable bed, and make sure they know they can stay as long as they like. If it's love they long for, you cannot possibly show them too much of it, and passing a little pussy their way couldn't hurt, either. If it's spiritual fulfillment they're after, go all-out with the holy-holy routine, and don't rule out speaking in tongues. If lack of self-esteem is the problem, tell them over and over again how good they are, how worthy of being alive. Lie as much as seems necessary, and don't be afraid to pounce on any and every vulnerability they might display. "

Amusing, I thought, and containing elements of truth.

Paraphrased from:

http://www.100megsfree4.com/apostate/attic/cultguru.htm

• Brummie
    Brummie

Too funny! But unfortunately too true.

Thanks for the handy tips, gives me something to do over the summer holidays

Brummie

• unique1
    unique1
    Down at the local suds parlor you'll find oodles of brain-dead scum, Perfect cult fodder.

I know where I am going for lunch now.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

In other words, try the laundromat. Down at the local suds parlor you'll find oodles of brain-dead scum, Perfect cult fodder

Yup-that's me.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Excellent! Sounds like some of the leaders of communes I visited after the WTS. The very successful leaders are the ones who can mix it up (Koresh, Jones). Being schiz. helps, delusions add to the scene, and then there are the prophecies in the wee hours that keep them captivated. Calling down evil on the renegades, "your tongue will fall out at daybreak," usually attains a repentant attitude. One commune had big mokes who used their muscle, then there was the group with fences and armed guards. So, to you wanna-be cult leaders take a page from each of these guys and when you're ready to put out the shingle you'll have the package down. Then again...isn't it nice being alone, and not responsible to any man/woman?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Become a Bartender!

This has the makings for a good pilot. Cult leader by day bartender by night. hmmm. people go in and never come out.

A bartender could easily tap into who would be missed and who wouldn't.

• Piph
    Piph

LOL Reminds me of the evil overlord handbook.

• minimus
    minimus

How soon you forget! Don't you remember that you were in the CULT of MINIMUS????........As I recall, you and the ladies tried to take over the cult.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

."then there are the prophecies in the wee hours that keep them captivated. "...

Ahh. Lawrence, you have BEEN there, I can tell. They do love to "sleep dep" people dont they? Most of the groups I was in ,ultimately, were searching the universal "vibrations" for a sign or message. In other words they are channelling and the vibrations are most vibratory at 3, 4 am and often thats when the most important truths are made known. Hence the need for sleeplessness.

Sighs for the good old days.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    other words they are channelling and the vibrations are most vibratory at 3, 4 am and often thats when the most important truths are made known.

You can say that again!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit