Dodgy comment in WT 99 5/1

by Noumenon 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

For any readers of e-watchman's articles, especially his article on 'We have concluded a Covenant with Death', please note this comment from this 1999 Watchtower article:

"23 We must be certain that our refuge continues to be Jehovah and his mountainlike organization. (2 Samuel 22:2, 3; Psalm 18:2; Daniel 2:35, 44) That is where we will find protection! We will not imitate the masses of mankind who will flee to "the caves" and hide "in the rock-masses of the mountains"—human organizations and institutions that may remain for a very short while after Babylon the Great is desolated. (Revelation 6:15;

Notice how they say 'his mountainlike organisation' and then quote from Daniel 2:35,44. They are almost saying that the rock that crushes all the world powers in that scripture is in fact God's earthly organisation! Equating the imperfect human earthly organisation with God's actual heavenly Kingdom like this is just not on. A blatant example of idolising the Organisation ahead of Christ and his Kingdom

• uriah
    uriah

Dodgy e-watchman too. This person spews out as much rubbish as the WTS does, evades difficult questions, edits questions he does publish on his website so that they (the original question) asks a question not asked which he then answers, takes out salient points like the early history and other 'unpalatable' items that prove the WTS is not inspired and never was, chides the questioner and rambles on and on impressing only himself and the gullible with much verbage and wallows in self-agrandisment with questions like 'save me e-watchman you are the troof what shall I doooooo'.

Talk about self delusion.

But that is only my opinion.

• unique1
    unique1

I totally agree. Once I started looking I saw a bunch of that stuff. It was either in the Daniel or Isiah Vol. 1, because I was still going to the Bookstudy, but they applied the scripture talking about John the Baptist coming before Jesus to the Organization preaching before Armageddon. I was pretty pissed at that one too.

• mizpah
    mizpah

That is clear evidence that the Watchtower can "make a mountain out of a mole hill"...haha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit