um the watchtower saying this is quite humorous

by thetruthaboutjws 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetruthaboutjws
    thetruthaboutjws

all watchtower quotes from: Awake! June 22, 2000 entitled: Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda!

Bold text = my quotes(incase you couldn't figure that out)

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. We, on that subject do not show all aspects rather one small view atraficial blown up with large extravagant words, thoughts, ideas etc. in order to somwhat confuse those of simple minds thus giving of the impression we know what we are talkting about.

Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target. Yea that is what i said above in differnt words pardon my redundency.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. Wow sense of importance (well if you allow your kid do die because of no blood transfusions god will be happy and you will have a better chance of making it into the "New system(where we will all act alike (eating vedgies, plowing gardens, teaching millions of raised dead people, then finding spare time to pet all the animals)" and your brothers and sisters will lbe with you and help you along. Am i sensing "appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it"

How can you protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls "profitless talkers" and "deceivers of the mind"? (Titus 1:10) Run! far away from the 12 rich men at the top counting your hours of atempted conversion time.

Be selective: A completely open mind could be likened to a pipe that lets just anything flow through it—even sewage. translation "LISTEN TO NO ONE BUT US, HAIL HITLER!

So we need to be selective. We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject. Huh when I decided what to reject and what not to they called it being weak. When I voiced a rejection they called it apostacy.

On the one hand, his mind is open, that is, receptive to new information. He properly weighs such new information against the Bible standard and fits what is true into his pattern of thinking. On the other hand, his mind sees the danger of information that is entirely inconsistent with his Bible-based values.Yes inconsistant like this religion. I can agree with the bible being truth. (It does get new light and change prophecy)

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using "smooth talk and complimentary speech" in order to "seduce the hearts of guileless ones." (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter. Discernment (noun) DIS-RN-MENT (Obveously not used by Jehovah's witnesses)

Put information to the test: "Beloved ones," said John, a first-century Christian teacher, "do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions." (1 John 4:1) Again when i did that they called it lack of faith

Do not just follow the crowd: If you realize that what everybody thinks is not necessarily correct, you can find the strength to think differently. I did this just caused problems.

Some opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses have accused them of spreading Zionist propaganda. Others have charged that the ministry of the Witnesses promotes Communism. Still others have claimed that the work of Jehovah's Witnesses promotes the ideals and interests of "American imperialism." And there are those who assert that the Witnesses are anarchists, fomenting disorder with the aim of changing the social, economic, political, or legal order. Obviously, these conflicting accusations cannot all be true. Not all maby not but some are we are not perfect nor do we claim to be prophets (cough bull-$h#t)

The simple fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses are none of the above. The work of the Witnesses is carried out in faithful obedience to Jesus Christ's mandate to his disciples: "You will be witnesses of me . . . to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8) Their work focuses solely and exclusively on the good news of the heavenly Kingdom—God's instrument for bringing peace to the whole earth.—Matthew 6:10; 24:14. with the exception of the false prophesy and changing of words in the bible (strictly forbidon by revolation) In other words (WARNING WILL ROBINSON DANGER DANGER!!!!! PROPAGANDA ALERT)

Jehovah's Witnesses teach the rightness of submission to authority. As law-abiding citizens, they follow Bible standards of honesty, truthfulness, and cleanliness. They build good morals into their own families, and they help others to learn how they can do the same. They live peaceably with all men, not getting involved in disruptive demonstrations or political revolutions. Jehovah's Witnesses seek to be exemplary in obeying the laws of the human superior authorities, while they wait patiently on the Supreme Authority, the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, to restore perfect peace and righteous government to this earth.

At the same time, the work of the Witnesses is educational. Using the Bible as a basis, they teach people worldwide to reason on Bible principles and thereby develop right standards of conduct and moral integrity. They promote values that improve family life and help young people cope with their peculiar challenges. They also help people to find the strength to overcome bad habits and to develop the ability to get along with others. Such a work would hardly be termed "propaganda." As The World Book Encyclopedia says, in a climate where ideas circulate freely, "propaganda differs from education." OK I'll give the morals but their behavior is not what the problem is nor does it have anyhting to do with propaganda. translation: These facts are beside the point we have put these last paragraphs in to make us look good so that we sound right and good in order that you do not in reality question us but question everyone else automaticly. the work of the Witnesses is educational. yea so was the work os the german scientists who experamented on jews. (that doesn't mean it was right) They also help people to find the strength to overcome bad habits and refuse perfectly ok blood transfusions They promote values that improve family life reject even your own family if they are dissfellowshiped. (good values)

Thankyou for reading this i found the artical itself humorous without my comments read the whole thing here and the watchtowers "official site http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/diagram_01.htm

• badwillie
    badwillie

I remember reading this when it came out. Hard to believe I could be so blind before.

• unique1
    unique1
    So we need to be selective. We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject. Huh when I decided what to reject and what not to they called it being weak. When I voiced a rejection they called it apostacy.

So TRUE!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit