They're heeee-re

by Wolfgirl 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

We've lived in France for over a year, and I had yet to see any JWs. That changed today. We live in a large, closed residence (translation: one of those places where they'd have to get someone's permission to be allowed in, and could only talk via intercom) with signs posted everywhere that soliciting, etc. (including the word colportering) is not permitted on this residence.

I walked out of our building to look for the gardien (French for caretaker) on another issue, because we just moved in. Who should be standing outside the building, talking through the intercom? Two women in long skirts (Yuck...they look terrible! Did I really look that bad?!) with what could pass as big handbags. One is holding a brochure in her hand; it looked like Enjoy Life. They finished up just as I passed them.

In my wanderings around, searching for the gardien, I passed them 3 times. They didn't speak to me, even to say hello, once. I was surprised. I was ready for them. But what surprised me was their rudeness. Everyone down here is very polite, and when they pass you on the street, even if you're a total stranger, they will say hello. Not these JWs. I looked them straight in the face, and they did not say hello or even attempt to speak to me in any way. They totally ignored me. Now, I thought they receive orders suggestions to speak to everyone possible, in every situation, because you never know who you might bring into the cult, er, the truth, um, you know.

They just carried on their pioneer shuffle...I could have crawled quicker...and acted as if I didn't exist. Now, yes, I am DF'd. But they don't know me from Adam. I was DF'd in the US, moved to Hong Kong 2 1/2 years ago, and then moved to France a year ago. They have no clue that I used to be a JW. But I was still shunned. Such love of neighbour!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Not these JWs. I looked them straight in the face, and they did not say hello or even attempt to speak to me in any way

I think times have changed, we would have pounced on you with the Mags a few years ago. These days it seems they are more interested in getting their hours in than actually talking to someone. Lets hope they take this same attitude wiith anyone else they bump into.

If you wanted to talk to them just go up and say "Hi, are you mormons?" That will get a conversation going.

Brummie

• unique1
    unique1

Ha, Ha Ha!! You used the phrase "Pioneer Shuffle"!!! I thought we only called it that here in NC. All the overweight pioneers, and they are ALL overweight because they walk SOOOOOOO Slow that you almost arent' moving, so we call it the "Pioneer Shuffle". Basically passing valuable service time by walking extremely slowly, so they can get more time in and do the same amount as someone working 2 hours in service. I always had a problem with this, I am a fast walker by nature. The pioneers would tell me to slow down, and take service at a lesiurely pace.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Who knows? That could have been my one and only chance to hear the programming good news! Now I'm going to die at Armageddon! They could be bloodguilty!

Pffffftttt.

• mustang
    mustang

Unique1:

Do their self-winding wristwatches still work???

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit