Would you rather eat carp or dog?

by Jayson 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Jayson
    Jayson

It may be a strange question but I wonder which is worse? Is it all in the spices? I was here fishing today, I wonder which would be more fun to most of you here. Fishing under a beautiful waterfall, along your side is your son, with the sun starting to rise on another perfect day; Or, here at jwd chating about the evils in your so called life? I looked at the threads that exist today and I remember why "Iwasyoungonce" blew up and left. He did not want to become another name-calling looser in a chatroom. To bad I didn't listen to that guy. He was pretty smart. He cared about the people here. Well, any-way I was lucky enough for the people who were so worth talking to (The ones who used to post here) realized who I was and pm'ed me or sent an email. I'm glad they did. I have met a few others who actively post who are really sweeties. But the darker side of jwd just seems to be not worth it right now imo. I said that jwd is what you make of it. Just like god, just like life. But right now, well, here are the choices; listen to people use the "F" word here or run down my leaders who granted are "Fks" but so what? So are everyone elses. I'm tired of listening to threats on this site. And I mean personal ones. Life is more that posting (IT) trash. Any-ways back to the point; posting in cyberspace where there is little up side or

Or, building castles with the hope for the future?

I'll make sure that these pictures I posted can be seen they are worth it. And maybe I'll check in after the fishing season ends. Maybe after the Presidental election of 2004 things will be better. Who knows. Maybe this site won't even exist then, Maybe it will. I sure can't tell where it is going.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good thoughts you've expressed here. Even more important, you've had an enjoyable time with your son. I love that last pic, of father and son side by side. It's a keeper for your family album

I think it's easy to take things on this board too seriously, especially if we don't have many outside distractions. You have the good fortune to have a family, not all of us do. Having been on this board for almost 3 years, I have much vested interest and emotions regarding this board. When you have seen a place grow in size and character, it's hard to pull yourself away. This place is changing, and not necessarily for the good. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the fishing season and spending time with your son. You're a lucky man, and he's a lucky boy to have you as a father.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Great post Jayson!

Enjoy the fishing, the beautiful outdoors and the time with your son. It is soo worth it!

Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit