evolution

by piledriver 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I believe in evolution with about 98% confidence.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I have a biochemist daughter that is scared of movement. LOL Riding a Ferris wheel or riding on a plane is a big no no for her! LOL
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    What made me finally know that the WT was full of crap was the fossil evidence. They would say that this earth was only thousands of years old but the fossil evidence proves that life on this planet is millions of years old. Also as far as evolution, if we are not related to other life forms, why does all life share about 50% of the same DNA?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Actually JW teaching allows for the earth and life to be millions of years old.

Maybe you made a mistake leaving. Lol

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    DNA my friend is the history of us all l! It's carved in stone!! Thank god whoever he or she may be for people like Watsin and crick!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Racist scientist
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    I believe in both. I don't think it's entirely an accident that life has some really complicated functions. There are gaps in evolution where humans took great unexplained leaps in form and in intelligence. I believe in evolution, but I also believe that it had help.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I believe in evolution, but I also believe that it had help.

It is better to humbly admit that there are details we don't yet have answers to than to leap to answers we cannot justify with evidence.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

they now belve in evolution - belief in evolution is not necessary.

When I was first introduced to evolution at college, I adopted a skeptical attitude and did a little of my own research. I didn't want to accept the theory just because an egg-head with a PhD said so.

It turns out, there is so much evidence for the theory. Not just one kind of evidence, but multiple kinds - embryology, the fossil record, anatomy, DNA, field observations ... all these kinds of evidence point to the following: that different species share a common ancestor. Populations, not individual organisms, evolve over long time periods. Natural Selection is the non-random process that drives evolution.

If you have not done so, Piledriver, try reading about evolution - posters such as Cofty can give people good starting points.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I believe in evolution, but I also believe that it had help.

Help from who?

When you can fly from Greenland to the North pole relying on only on a compass. Being jammed by Russian radar. The only help you can rely on is youre own intelligence!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit