Normal Thoughts

by Swan 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

For those of you who knew I was far from Normal, you are right. Last week however, I was closer to Normal than I have ever been before. In fact, I was in a Normal state for several hours. On our vacation through the mid-west we drove through Normal, Illinois, right next to Bloomington. Let me tell you about my Normal experience.

We started that day in Michigan and as soon as we got to Joliet, we turned south on I-55. I was approaching Normal for about an hour or so and it felt good to be so close to Normal. At first I was way above Normal. This lasted for a while. But then I was only a little above Normal. Finally, as the freeway curved around the city, I was near Normal and then just this side of Normal. It felt good being so close to Normal.

Later in the day though I realized I had gone far beyond what most people would consider Normal. In fact, as our journey turned westward at St. Louis, I realized that I was far from Normal. Now that I am back home in Oregon, I find that once again I am definitely nowhere near Normal.

But you know what? I like it that way.

Tammy

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Swan, that was cute.

Honestly, and oh my beloved Oregon apostates, forgive me....but I have been through:

Boring, Oregon.

It does exist. Just like Normal. All roads eventually lead to either.

I love community names that grab your attention .

Hell, Michigan - oh yeah!!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Swan,

First showed up in ILL.Lots of memories. Good post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit