I could use some help

by openminded 7 Replies latest jw friends

• openminded
    openminded

I need any printed WT material posted that you would consider an direct attack on the Catholic Church.

Thanks in advance - Openminded

• bigboi
    bigboi

I can't post it right now open. But what about the illustration in the Live Forever bk on pg.29

Peace,
    Bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• somebody
    somebody

openminded,

her is just ONE quote stating that The Catholic,Orthodox, and Protestant churches are part of the devil's world empire of false religion. There are tons of quotes in the watchtowers that bash the Catholic churches and others. I'm doing a search for you on the Catholic bashing. I'll post more shortly.

from the 12/1/91 watchtower in the article "Breaking Free From False Religion"

"Such Babylonish doctrines as the immortality of the soul, a burning hell, and the Trinity were incorporated into the teachings of apostate Christianity. The Catholic, the Orthodox, and later the Protestant churches all adopted these false dogmas and, therefore, became a part of Babylon the Great, the Devil's world empire of false religion."

peace,
    somebody

• openminded
    openminded

These are great!(keep em coming PLEASE) Ill use everything I can. I want to put a nice package together for my mother who claims the WT has never attacked another religion.

• Camay
    Camay

How on earth are you gonna get her to read other material
    that is not Official Reading material. I have tried to show
    my JW boyfriend old Watchtower papers and he said "I dont
    want to see that because you dont know if it is a real
    watchtower" I could have been altered and its not the
    entire Watchtower.

Good luck trying. Be careful she might think you are the
    devil trying to shake her faith. However what did help some
    was going to the official Watchtower.ord and take if from
    there.

I started with there beliefs from there website. I found
    scripture in regards to if Chris was crucifed on the stake
    or cross. They only gave 2 scriputes that said it was a stake
    I found 8 that clear says he was crucified on the cross.
    and I was careful to say " Oh I am reading the bible and look
    what I found" blah blah and he was clearly confused my all the
    scriputes I found. (I used his own bible) well needless to
    say he has not been to the Hall in a week.

I think his bubby is trying to suck him in again because he
    wont call the house he calls him on the cell phone instead for
    a friendly game of basketball after work. Whatever every week
    I will have my own bible study and ask him to clear up any
    thing I dont understand ( I hear JW like to help)

Good luck

• somebody
    somebody

here are a few more. keep in mind that the WBTS already stated that the Catholis are part of the world empire of false religion. this is far as I got so far, in my search. I have so much to read still. If you e-meail you and put your name (openminded) in the subject line so that I know it's from you, I'll send the full articles tonight after work. they are too long to post on the board.

Catholics are Babylon the Great,the world empire of false religion. And the teachings of the Catholic church are "mystical".

WT 6/15/98

"Other Catholic countries are Italy (some 225,000 Witnesses), France (about 125,000), Spain (over 105,000), and Argentina (more than 115,000). In the United States, where the Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish religions predominate, there are some 975,000 Witnesses and over 2,000,000 attended the Memorial. Surely, great crowds are streaming out of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, with its mystical teachings and are turning to God's simple and sure promises of "new heavens and a new earth."

The Catholic church has a distorted view of Jesus' mother.

WT8/1/98

This theological dilemma is due to the Catholic Church's distorted view of Jesus' mother. Little wonder that division and confusion have arisen within the Catholic Church over the matter.

peace,
    somebody

• larc
    larc

If you contact Freeminds, Randy Watters can send you a CD with the old literature on it. Rutherford made many scathing remarks about the Catholic Church, calling her the whore of Revelation, for example.

He referred to the Catholics as Fascists, in a quote that I cited on the thread here called "Rutherford's scholarship."

• Francois
    Francois

Hi Somebody:

Do you have that entire quote about the catholic church claiming to be the way of salvation for millions of people, etc., and that any organization making such a claim should be ready to defend its views?

You know the one? The one where the Borg shoots itself squarely through the foot? Would you post it here?

With Many Thanks,

Francoise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit