Excerpt from Al Kidd on organ transplants and blood transfusion

by setfreefinally 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

This is an excerpt from the article " Abstaining from Blood" from the following cite, provided for your comments/amusement. He tries to answer the question why, even though JWs were wrong on the organ transplant issue is not a reason to throw out the baby with the bath water.

http://www.geocities.com/rogueactivex/blood-kidd.htm

Question.

Remember the sound reasoning used to argue against accepting an organ donation? Didn't that sound very reasonable at the time? Didn't that follow 'logic'?

We are an organization--actually, the earth's only international brotherhood--that is improving, with blessing of God's holy spirit, this because we conscientiously strive even in the face of death to be loyal to what we believe the Scriptures to teach. If we believe the Scriptures teach something, we will obey out of desire to hold a good conscience towards God. It is neither crippling, morbid fear of men nor a swelling admiration of personalities that drives us, but "love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy" (1 Timothy 1:5) moves us.

We should expect change for the better among those who truly are God's people. If the Devil were behind such changes, then we should conclude that he is divided against himself. But if God's holy spirit is behind the doctrinal improvements among Jehovah's Witnesses, then for one to invoke the changes as signal of poor authority structure in our organization means that he is fighting against God.

The organization identified as The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is uniquely in possession of a body of teachings. This body of teaching must identify the only organization that God uses in getting a worldwide witness to the Kingdom preached before the end comes. So, in other doctrine(s) that I may or may not presently understand, I ask myself Where does error here land us, if error there be? If there is error here, does it land us in blindly following men into a violation of moral law? into spiritual error against what the Kingdom of God should mean in our life? into harm that cannot be reversed by God? If there is error that does not involve us in violation of God's fundamental ethical norms, then God may tolerate the error for a while without His saying, 'Well, that's it! I am through with the organization built up with my name on it, for it blasphemes me, and I will look for an invisible (known only to me) "congregation."' Never!

Consider the fact that there was significant spiritual error among some Judean Christians for a while. And think of how Peter's bad example, in which he stood condemned until his repentance, affected others. Consider first this as respects those Jewish Christians who might have been with the apostle Peter in Antioch, and might have been emboldened by Peter's spiritually and morally bad example to draw away from socializing with uncircumcised Gentile Christians. But in timely fashion, the error was corrected. But who else might have been poorly affected? Well, consider now how foolish any offended Gentile Christian might have been who might have said, 'I must quit listening to the teachings of Jesus' apostles, for they can be in serious error--and some have been--, and have let a caste develop in Judea between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians. It has gone on too long, and now I see that Peter must even yet harbor bad sentiment against us Gentiles.' If the complainer were to leave and begin work as an apostate vilifying the apostles, whom does he have to blame but primarily himself for his missing out on salvation? He threw out the baby with the bath water! And how should any Jewish Christians who let themselves be corrected as respects their prejudice answer the taunts of that apostate who might deride them with the words: 'Well, you finally see the error of your ways because you came to a better understanding of the Scriptures on your own, did you? Or isn't your change of conduct effected in the same manner as it was effected before you got new light . . . for aren't you now as then just blindly following the examples of prominent men among you? I suspect you couldn't have rubbed two scriptures together on the issue when you first began saying what you say now, namely, 'I have changed because of what I see in God's Word.' Nah! Your conduct now is as it was then, for you were blindly following men, and you are now, too. So how can you say that you won't again be led into error because of your blindly following men? You people can't have the truth, because God wouldn't tolerate the errors I have seen and experienced among you people.' And so on. But can we not grasp that speciously reasoned apostate's concept of things? We might understand how he went wrong, but we must not appreciate that he went wrong!

• pamkw
    pamkw

Okay that was about as clear as mud.

We should expect change for the better among those who truly are God's people. If the Devil were behind such changes, then we should conclude that he is divided against himself. But if God's holy spirit is behind the doctrinal improvements among Jehovah's Witnesses, then for one to invoke the changes as signal of poor authority structure in our organization means that he is fighting against God.

So if God makes a change its okay, and to point out the mistake is to go against God. Why wouldn't God be divided against himself also? Please what was this guy smoking when dreamed up this?

Consider first this as respects those Jewish Christians who might have been with the apostle Peter in Antioch, and might have been emboldened by Peter's spiritually and morally bad example to draw away from socializing with uncircumcised Gentile Christians.

I guess he missed the point that no one died when Peter didn't speak to them. There is no comparison.

This was the dumbest thing I have read in a while.

Pam

• rocketman
    rocketman

Reads like a lot of double talk. JWs simply never consider the possibility that they are wrong.

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

JWs simply never consider the possibility that they are wrong.

Exactly Rocketman, if they if ever ONCE considered they might be wrong they would find they are NO different than any other religion claiming heavenly direction.

Pam:

So if God makes a change its okay, and to point out the mistake is to go against God. Why wouldn't God be divided against himself also?

I remember the quote from the watchtower on Johannes Greger and why they used his understanding of scripture in translating the NWT. They found out later he was a spirit medium, the WTS said paraphrasing: "Well, its not above satan the devil to tell the truth once in a while."

So why couldn't satan be making himself out to be an angel of light if he was behind the scenes in the WTS as well.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, Setfreefinally

From your cited material Al Kidd raised three questions:

1. Remember the sound reasoning used to argue against accepting an organ donation?

2. Didn't that sound very reasonable at the time?

3. Didn't that follow 'logic'?

He answered exactly none of the questions he raised himself. It’s embarrassing to observe a person make themselves a fool.

One can only wonder how many children’s deaths this fool has presided over. I wonder how many of the parents heard him explain after the fact how their child could have eaten blood potage so long as the whole blood were dissected into forms other than red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma first! What comfort that would be!

For more on Al Kidd’s fool commentary see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/55350/1.ashx

Marvin Shilmer

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

I really wonder why it is that the holy spirit has to give this organization its truth piecemeal and in zigzag fashion, coming back and contradicting itself from time to time. That is not the pattern set in the Bible. What kind of spiritual paradise is it when people who disagree with any aspect of the Society's teaching are threatened with spiritual death, especially when the Society disagrees with itself over time.

For example, much was made in Sunday's WT Study about our "correct" understanding of the Superior Authorities. If I had given that interpretation of it when I came into the truth, I would have been disfellowshiped! Back then, the Superior Authorities were Jehovah and Christ, and woe to anyone who said otherwise. Now the holy spirit has revealed the truth to us finally. Surprisingly enough, Christendom had that "truth" long before we did.

Of course, our "correct" understanding came from Jehovah, while Christendom's came from Satan, no doubt......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit