the people the JW's thought were too much

by smurfette 3 Replies latest jw friends

• smurfette
    smurfette

Does anyone here have any bizarre or hilarious stories about brothers or sisters you have encountered? I'm betting there's alot of good stories out there.

I'm from an isolated area on the canadian border where odd people tend to congregate. I guess neither country wants them. The two congregations in the area were a sociologists dream. The most noted of the notable were the former drunken bear guide dogsledder turned ministerial servant with the very explosive temper. The elder's wife with a penchant for peeking in others windows after dark. (who once announced at a meeting that sister newlywed, her daughter in law, had been wearing fancy underwear. The Elder's wife was privately talked to about this I guess) My personal favorite was the vagabond family who just showed up one day and, after being there only a few months, decided to go to the public library to find out what the other congregants had been reading to prove their disloyalty to Jehovah, McCarthy style. They were unsuccessful, but hi-larious.

• ballistic
    ballistic

We had the usual bunch of mis-fits. One interesting one was an "automatic writer" who was only rarely at meetings but when she did arrive, it was to deliver copious amounts of automatic writings (automatic writers are people who put pen to paper and write passages without thinking or consciously moving the pen).

I won't go into some of the others, because they do truly fall into the sad and need your sympathy class.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

we had a lady that drank the wine and ate the bread at memorials but it was common knowledge in the congregation that the elders 'knew' she wasnt one of the annointed, just crazy.

• smurfette
    smurfette

I've heard of auto writers but never met one. That's really odd. I would have liked to see that.

I never got to see anyone partake at a memorial but almost everyone I'd heard of that had and wasn't 300 years old was always whispered of to be unstable. I always chalked it up to people being jealous of the partaker or not being able to imagine themselves as good enough to do so too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit