my mother might go back, help!

by enigma 8 Replies latest jw friends

• enigma
    enigma

I went out to lunch with my mom today and was scared by what she said. She mentioned to me that she was considering going back to the hall if she could go back on her own "terms". My mom has not been "active" for about 7 years now. She is not disfellowshipped. She divorced her physcho jw husband (her second husband) and than remarried a non-jw man. The reason for her divorce was complicated, but according to the "brothers" there were no scriptural grounds. She has been speaking to a local brother and also my elder uncle who lives up north, they both have told her that she is "living in sin" beacuse she is remarried and her x-husband is not remarried (roflmao). Has anyone heard of such stupidity? Also my poor brainwashed sister will not have anything to do with her (or me and my two brothers, only oldest is disfellowshipped. myself and my younger brother were never baptized) because of this and because she does not go to the KH, my uncle told my mother that she would talk to my mom if she did the following: went back to the KH, got disfellowshipped, "does her time" as she puts it and than becomes a brainwashed jw. (hold on a second I am going to go puke real quick, this always makes me feel sick talking about this) Ok well I mentioned to my mom of the x-jw sites I visit and how there is so much good info. She is very open to it and want me to send her some links on the evil dubs. Does anyone know any good articles I can send her (or links to)? I don't want to send anything to far out yet, just start with some nice stuff to get her interested. Well thanks for listening and in advance for any links.

Enigma

• JH
    JH

Why does she want to go back? Maybe it's the comfort of the illusion rather than the unknow.

• enigma
    enigma

I am not sure why she wants to go back, also I am not sure what "her terms" are. I guess I will have to wait until our next lunch together.

Enigma

• Brummie
    Brummie

She will never be able to go back on "her terms", its their way or the highway.

She is perhaps just going through a phase of wanting some familiarity, or looking for a comfort zone, hopefully it will pass.

If you were to give her anything to read I'd suggest finding something on the ajwrb.org website, the organ transplant issues always pack a punch. Of course Crisis of Conscience is a good start.

Brummie

• JH
    JH
    Crisis of Conscience is a good start.

That's true Brummie.

I have the book since a month now. I read half of it up to now.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Has anyone heard of such stupidity?

Yeah, that's basically how it is. She was not free to re-marry until the marriage "bonds" were broken by the other party. Until then she can't even repent.

• LESLIE MENDOZA
    LESLIE MENDOZA

I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU MOM IS LOOKING FOR JEHOVAH WHY DON'T YOU BELIVE IN JEHOVAH? COULD I HELP YOU? BE HAPPY YOUR MOM IS LOOKING. I LOVE YOU ALL JUST THE SAME AS A FRIEND.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Leslie:

Why do you feel it is important to look for Jehovah in man made organizations? Can't the almighty god be found without a group of men?

Consider what happened to god's chosen people in the past? They were forced to wander in the wilderness for 40 years due to their hard heartedness and rebellious ways. Then eventually were rejected completely.

Even if the Watchtower Society at one time were god's people, look at the fruits now? Where is the love? Where is the sign of Jehovah's spirit on these people now? It isn't there.

So tell us why we should be happy that someone is considering going to the Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses to find God, when He is obviously not with them?

Uzzah

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I LOVE YOU ALL JUST THE SAME AS A FRIEND.

Leslie, first, welcome. 2nd, you did not learn the above love from the Watchtower organisation and neither will enigmas mother. Sad isnt it?

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit