UPDATE: W Network Show: Family Secrets

by morrisamb 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi everyone...The director/creator of the series Family Secrets for the W Network Canada sent me a copy of the 1/2 documentary on my story/book/family...[Father's Touch; Donald D'Haene and family]

Well, it is fricken amazing...

The reason she sent it is 'cause I asked for a minute demo to use for another top secret project I'm working on with an American author. Well, she thought my idea was just great so she sent me the whole tape.

Of course, it's not for pre-broadcast, and there's all kinds of copyright issues, so I couldn't show anything here or on my web site...all I can do is tell you that it is such a positive show, honest, etc., etc., and you know what? The most important thing about it is that here is a family of former Witnesses including one present Witness, my mother, that sends a positive message out to the world of Witnesses and the real world that surrounds them...: Shit can happen to you. You can make mistakes and not talk to each other for years. And you can go on. You can hold your head up high and not be ashamed to exist. You can forgive. You can love. You can make a difference.

I can't wait till you all see it.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Shit can happen to you. You can make mistakes and not talk to each other for years. And you can go on. You can hold your head up high and not be ashamed to exist. You can forgive. You can love. You can make a difference.

Definitely sounds like a must see. Congrats, Morrisamb!

• acsot
    acsot

That's great - but will it be broadcast nationally - what is W Network? I have basic cable (I'm in Quebec) service - would I be able to see it whenever it happens?

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks Nilfun, and Ascot, it definitely will be broadcast across Canada...the W network is the former network The Women's Network. (Where I live in London, Ontario, this is channel 60 on Rogers Cable.)

My partner's relatives in the great Northern Ontario get the W network so I know even far away places receive the station.

I don't want to give away anything that's in the film but I will say I read from my memoir, you meet my family and I talk about the Witnesses' role in our story.

Check www.fatherstouch.com in the near future for updates

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Morrisamb! Long time no hear. I'm glad to hear this. I just had a really good feeling about the program. I hope there is a way to put the broadcast up the net, or here on JWD in some way. If not, please let us know when it will be shown on American television.

Now I'm curious about that top secret project. Are you trying out for American Idol?

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

By the way, Big Tex, thanks for that personal letter a week or two ago...

I'm too old for American Idol!!

Anyways, the top secret project involves my book and would be of interest to JW.com

So far, it has just worked for me to do the work quietyly then inform..that way no one is disappointed..well, other than me!

My brother drove her yesterday, and two of his married daughters as well to see the W network show...they loved it...it's going to be something else once it airs!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Ps...I guess others here would know better than I, but once a show airs, as you have in the past, isn't it possible to upload the film here? I mean I have a copy, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Congratulations, Morrislamb!! When will it be aired? I only have basic cable, but I have friends who'll let me visit to watch. All the best on your new project.

Krazylady

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Yo Crazy lady...are you my fellow Canadian? The network hasn't announced the official air date yet, but I believe it will be sometime in January. ....which is a good time of year...more people watch tv then then in the summer!!! Not to mention, the filming took place this past winter so the setting will be consistent with the temperature outside LOL.

I've had many people here in London view the tape...they all said it was excellent, as good as anything they've seen on tv.

Of course, I'm happy that my book, Father's Touch, is getting so much exposure...but I love the fact that my siblings and I who supposed to be the dregs of the Witness society are portrayed in such a positive way...wait till you see it...you'll know what I mean...

Thanks again for your interest, crazylady.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit