Just shovel the coal, don't question the captain

by St George of England 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

On JW Broadcasting there is a video of a Missionary couple who were sent to a Navajo reservation.  The sister says the thing she learned most at Bethel was "shovel the coal, don't question the captain".  It's worth watching about 60 seconds from the 4 minute mark.  It just shows what the GB think of themselves and the "stokers"!

George

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODIntExp/pub-jwbrd_E_201501_4_VIDEO

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Sooooooooooooon - all Witnesses will be painted yellow and given the designation of "Minion" instead of Publisher!!
  • floriferous
    floriferous

Started to watch, got about 30 seconds in & had to turn off.

It's so alien to me now

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    There's some kind of beauty in this robotic life.  I think some people are truly happy being just a gear or a screw. In my case I just need to be the captain of my own life. 
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The crew is accustomed to following my orders.
    Lily Sloane: They're probably used to your orders making SENSE!
  • Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis
    I think some people are truly happy being just a gear or a screw.

Some people need to be mindless cogs. Someone else makes all the decisions and accepts all the responsibility for those decisions. The cog is free from responsibility in their own lives. 

Why do you think believers get so offended when you tell them to think for themselves? You are threatening their only perceived means of survival: following the minds of others.

Many mental and emotional followers cannot even comprehend mental and emotional freedom. It is a foreign language they have never bothered to learn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit