Cornwall Bans Baptist Pastor After Jehovah Witness & Ribfest Complaints MAY 30, 2017

by StephaneLaliberte 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I know its a bit old, but I thought it was interesting and I only found out about this yesterday.

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2017/05/30/cornwall-bans-baptist-pastor-after-jehovah-witness-ribfest-complaints-may-30-2017/

I was going to those conventions in Cornwall before (Ontario, Canada), and I had seen that pastor who was preaching. Though I can't remember anything of what he said, what I do remember is how he was ridiculously surrounded by 5 or 6 brothers, creating a parameters to prevent the brothers and sisters from getting any closer.

Though I wasn't phased out by anything the man had to say, I remember I felt that my religious leaders were trying to control my thoughts. Afterall, why be afraid of a minister when he is surrounded by thousands of ministers.

This sight left a permanent and negative impact about my religion and helped me toward my escape from the cult.

Now, they are using the laws to get this man completely out of sight.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

He seems a divisive character. I'm not going to comment on how the city has restricted one man. My comments mean nothing. For people in Canada who object to the city's stifling of speech, I would remind them that no one else is restricted by Cornwall from speaking their peace about JWs, religion gun rights or muppets. Show up if you can and kindly advertise your deeply held beliefs.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Didn;t this guy bring his kids or something with him? I recall seeing young people, like late teens, standing around holding signs a few years ago at Cornwall. Maybe it was someone else, but c'mon - who wants to stand around an arena, outside, in June/July when it can be 40+ with the humidex?? Go out and have some fun.

• jp1692
    jp1692

How hypocritical. The JWs write, “We cherish our freeness of speech and appreciate the laws that protect our peaceful worship.”

As they infringe the free speech of others.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Would so stress me out having to drive over there, last time I went was in 2008 and boy was I glad when it was over. Felt depressed ans exhausted for two weeks after. Only fun thing about going there was driving up to the top floor of the Sears parking lot.. would make the old diesel rev out and make a bunch of noise.

I may have seen him there back then. There was a guy outside in the park with a loudspeaker rattling off verses and he seemed to be really into it. I wondered what it was about but being so dumbed down and burned out by the JW hamster wheel I didn't care, was mostly eyeballing women and hoping this would be my last convention before Armaggedon so as to put me out of my misery trying to keep up with Jehovah's chariot.

If I were there today I'd go over, shake his hand and offer a him a beer while wearing a JW convention badge hehe

PS : Up yours WT

• Scully
    Scully

Doesn't it make your eyes all misty for the good old days when JWs, incited by Judge Rutherford to do so, would picket the Catholic churches in Quebec? Which, in turn, compelled the Catholics to contact the authorities and have those JWs arrested? Which is what The Judge™ wanted, so they could Legally Establish™ The Preaching Work™ as a fundamental religious right....

/nostalgia

lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. Scully's post...

When you're a hammer, everything else starts to look like a nail.

When you're a king, everyone else starts to look like a pawn.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I don't know if it's the same guy, but there was a guy with a megaphone across from the convention site in Cornwall today, rambling about the book of John and other stuff, as myself and other Witnesses had to cross the street and pass by him to get to their cars. He also had what looked like a camera recording video attached to him.

All this really does is make him look like a lunatic...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit