Abuse Survivors from the State of New Jersey - Please Read

by RevMalk 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

If there are any Abuse Survivors from the state of New Jersey that would like to do a news story on your experiences, please contact us at:

[email protected]?subject=NJ_News_Story

Anyone that may be interested, know that we're not looking to expose anyone, or 'use' anyone because of your past experiences. We haven't contacted any news agencies with this intent in the past, but I have been contacted by a news agency in regard to these issues.

For the most part LambsRoar has stood as a support group, abuse survivors helping each other to heal. That much is obvious. We haven't touched very much on public awareness and other publicity in the past, but this particular agency is interested in this aspect of the child abuse issues. So, while this is not our general intent, I thought it may be of interest to some of us.

Again, if there is interest, or you know someone who may be interested, please contact us. Opening up to the media may be a gateway that comes with certain repercussions, while at the same time may be something we as a group wish to explore.

It seems as though the Media is now interested in hearing more from the actual Survivors in these cases, and I for one feel it may be an excellent public awareness outlet. In the past I have run across media sources looking for cases of NON-JWs who have been harmed by an active JW. Whether it be in the Field Service work or otherwise. Much of the general public views these issues as 'internal'. To date, I have not run across a situation such as this. So, again, if anyone knows of such a case, the media would be interested in investigating. It would show the real danger to the general public, rather than showing this as an internal problem. We know the public has been shocked by the news stories to date, but to what extent? The main concern of any parent is obviously going to be their own children, and if they feel their children are not in harms way, we won't ever see the public outrage that will inevitably cause changes in Watchtower Policy. No matter how much we complain, and no matter how much we work towards that goal, the Watchtower is not going to budge. This is fact based on history. It's going to take nothing less than a public demand, by use of the legal system, and the Media. There's only so many of us that understand the danger that every child in the entire world is facing. There's no doubt that we need the help of the general public, but it's up to us to prove to them that there is real danger facing their children. Until we can do that, we're on our own.

Ref:
    http://www.lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=847
    http://lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=839

Rev ---------- LambsRoar.org

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Thanks for posting this Rev. Hopefully someone will see this and get in touch.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit