Who is the "Evil Slave"?

by Pathofthorns 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I was wondering who the WT teaches who is the "evil slave" today?

Since that "evil slave" comes forth from the "faithful slave" and it is generally accepted that most were "called" prior to 1935, then one would assume that most of the evil slave class would be pre-1935 as well.

Since this really becomes ridiculous to think that 80 + year old people are going around "beating their fellow slaves", has the Society given a recent clear interpretations of who this slave is?

It would seem as time goes on, they will have to clarify this and such a clarification could make holding onto their present definition of who the "faithful slave " is more difficult.

Path

• hybridous
    hybridous

I went to an assembly a few years ago, out of pity for my mother...

Outside the arena there were some protesters who held up pro-Christian signs. I was walking with my JW sister and asked 'who are those people'.

She replied, 'Oh, they're just apostates. The evil slave.'

So, I'm not sure if she was reflecting current WT teaching or not. My guess is, she was. It would suit the WT to classify anyone who disagreed with them as the 'evil slave.'

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Break out my fangs and horns! Here comes another evil slave.
    ROAR!!!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

The Bible Students have been said to be of the evil slave class by some JWs I have dealings with. The main reason is because the BS do not believe in the current WTBTS because they (WTBTS) have diverted from the teachings of Russell. The BS still cling to much of what Russell believed.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have never seen any official information on the "Evil Slave" taught by the WTS. I thought that only Matt 24:45 to 47 were part of that 1919 stupid teaching. You know the one - where because of the proper food being taught at the time (like, cough, cough - the false dates 1914, 1915, 1918 and future 1925, Jesus came invisibly in 1874, Jesus sat on his thrown in 1878, last days were 1799, Russell is the slave, and of lets not forget that african americans are inferior to whites) that the WTS was chosen by the invisible Jesus as God's chosen Borg and the leaders made up part of the F&DS.

I thought that Matt 24:47 to 51 was taught by the WTS just like Mat 24:42 to 44 ie. waiting till Jesus comes visibly to earth.

If any person actually read from about Matt 24: 42 to 51, recognize that the WTS teaches Matt 24:44 only happens when Jesus comes visibly, and replaces the word "arriving" with "having come" in Matt 24: 46 (as noted by the astrisk in the NWT), then a person could realize that the F&DS can only happen after Jesus comes visibly to earth and that the F&DS WTS teaching is bogus.

hawk (who prefers to read in context and not by "hop scotch")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit