Jehovah's Witnesses withou Hope?

by admiral_palsey 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• admiral_palsey
    admiral_palsey

-Under the old covenant animal blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins.

Heb 9:19,20 For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the BLOOD of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, "This is the BLOOD of the COVENANT which God commanded you."

Heb 13:11 For the bodies of those animals whose BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest as a sacrifice for SIN are burned outside the camp.

Heb 9:18 Hence even the first covenant was not ratified without BLOOD.

-Without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin.

Heb 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and WITHOUT the shedding of BLOOD there is NO forgiveness of sins.

-Under the new covenant Jesus’ blood cleanses us from sins and not animals like before

1 John 1:7 but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the BLOOD of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Eph 1:7 In him we have REDEMPTION through his BLOOD, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace

-Indeed, the new covenant IS Jesus blood and the forgiveness of sins through his blood

1 Cor 11:25 In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup IS the new covenant in my BLOOD. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the BLOOD of the eternal COVENANT,

1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the BLOOD of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Rom 11:27 "and this will be my COVENANT with them when I take away their SINS."

Heb 10:16-18 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," then he adds, "I will remember their SINS and their misdeeds NO MORE." Where there is FORGIVENESS of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

-Since there is only forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus and his blood is the new covenant, and most Jehovah’s Witnesses are not under the new covenant they have no forgiveness of sin.

-If they are without blood and forgiveness they are also without hope.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

All i can say is AMEN!! We definately have a bloody religion. From the old covenant to the new, God can only forgive through blood.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

All i can say is AMEN!! We definately have a bloody religion. From the old covenant to the new, God can only forgive through blood.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

An unreasonable and faulty conclusion. Do you dislike JW's so much that you would judge they have no hope at all???

You are taking a far too narrow view, and ignoring plenty of relevant scriptures and the broader scriptural teaching.

It is the redemption value of Christ's death presented to God as a ransom that allows ANYONE to have forgiveness of sins.

His blood is not the new covenant. He said it was the drinking of the Cup which created the New Covenant, which merely symbolises his shed blood which was to be poured out on their behalf. The New Covenant Jesus concluded was for a Kingdom, not for forgiveness of sins. It was with those to be born again of holy spirit to be adopted as heirs, to rule in the heavenly Kingdom. Just because not everyone is in that Covenant doesn't mean they cannot gain the benefit of Christ's having died "..so that EVERYONE exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

That means anyone, Jehovah's Witness, adopted as an heir, or not.

• mizpah
    mizpah

One who is familiar with the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses and those of the Bible can quickly see that there is often a difference between the two. Many of the doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses were preconceived notions of their leaders who attempted to find scriptural proof of them afterwards. For example, the scriptures are very plain that Christ's second coming will be visible by all. But when events didn't turn out as expected, Russell sought reasons to justify his own views by a convoluted interpretation of particular verses in the Bible. (Ex:"Parousia = invisible presence") Rutherford went even further by making two classes of Christians in every congregation. By doing so, he denied the majority of believers in the congregation the personal relationship of Christ with his followers.

The whole doctrine of a "heavenly" and an "earthly" class of Christians is totally unscriptural. There was and is only "one hope, one faith" for Christians today. And all come under the arrangement of the "new covenant" that was established by Christ's sacrifice. All else is mere commentary!

Of course, Jehovah's Witnesses have as much chance to salvation as others. But it will be determined on an individual basis just as the Scriptures indicate. And it will be based on God's judgment not that of a religious organization. But one of the burdens that JWs carry is the judgmental attitude they carry toward others. Jesus said "as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me." How will a Jehovah's Witness answer when he finds out that a Baptist, Catholic or some other member of a denomination is really "Christ's brother?" In reverse, how will a Catholic or Fundamentalist react when he finds out that one of Jehovah's Witnesses is "Christ's brother?" We all should be very careful not to put ourselves into the role of God or Christ as Judge. Remember, "as you judge, so will you be judged."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Noum

*** Rbi8 John 6:53-54 ***

Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;

Of course i expect you to put the words of the wt over the words of jesus. According to jesus, you then remain dead.

SS

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Mizpah, sorry, but the bible isn't clear at all that Christ would return visibly. There are a number of scriptures which conflict with this.

Saintsatan - so black and white is it. Just one little scripture where Jesus says YOU means I'm still dead in my sins. I think theres a little more to it than that. You are like the born againers who quote John 3:16 ad nauseum and say that proves all we need is faith in Jesus for salvation.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Sorry, Noumenon...but Jesus' words in the three gospels are plain and simple that Jesus would return in the clouds and be visible by all. And Jesus gives warning not to believe those who tell you he has returned in a secret presence ("inner rooms"). What is difficult to understand?

It is only by means of convoluted reasoning resulting from preconceived ideas to explain away a disappointment that the Watchtower came up with an explanation for "parousia." Russell's attempt to explain away his failed predictions are similar to the Seventh-day Adventists who proclaimed that Christ was "tarrying" in the heavens when he did not return according to their expectations. Why is it that religious leaders and followers can not be humble and admit their mistakes?

The rule of good Bible research is to consider the literal meaning of Scripture first before applying a symbolic or allegorical application. Some of the ludicrous lengths that the Watchtower goes to tests even the crediblity of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Example: Events in Revelation applied to JW conventions and proclamations!) But as long as individuals are willing to give up their own powers of reason to follow an organization of men, the Watchtower Society will prosper.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes, it is that black and white! It was clearly presented to the Apostles, the 1st century Church, as it is today by the Holy Spirit. SaintSatan is quite accurate when he stated that John 6 should be read just as it is. The Scriptures were written as plain as the nose on our face from Genesis through Revelation. Yes, he will come as he departed. Yes, he will be seen. Yes, the Revelation's prophecies will be fulfilled in a literal fashion, not like the writings of Brooklyn, where it is taught that the bowls are tracts, the plagues are books, and the 1260 days revolve around the WTS' involvement in anti-sedition activities, their jailing, and the Cedar Points convention (what rubbish!). Just wait until the two prophets are killed and are raised up! Then again, someone on the GB will have a revelation that this too is from Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit