Awake! Publishes (amazing) rights of children.. as dictated by UN

by badolputtytat 0 Replies latest jw friends

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

While researching the whole political involvement thing. I have stumbled onto an interesting little "post" in the Awake! It seems that according to the UN.... Jehovah's Witnesses violate some basic constitutional rights of children. (I suppose depending on you look at it) Have I just been away too long... Do they now fully support this "beast"? Do they actually claim that their children have the rights that are listed below? I know as a child I certainly had some rights violated by this organization according to their own words.... How about YOU?From some of the posts I have come across (without naming names) I would say this about the most two-faced thing I have yet to find.

Direct quote(ninth paragraph, page 11, (dec. 8, 2000) " Gods kingdom will restore humans to a state of perfection, enabling them to rear children in perfect balance. (Job 33:24-26) Children will be reared in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child. (psalms 46:8&9) Never again will there be the need for an International Year of the Child or for a Convention on the Rights of a child."

(page 5 same magazine)

The UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child:

1. The Right to Name and Nationality

2. The right to affection, love and understanding and to the material security.

3. The right to adequate nutrition, housing, and medical services.

4. The right to special care if disabled, be physically, mentally or socially.

5.The right to be among the first to receive protection and relief in all circumstances.

6.The right to be protected against all forms of neglect, cruelty, and exploitation.

7. The right to full opportunity for play and recreation and equal opportunity to free and compulsory education, to enable the child to develop his individual abilities and to become a useful member of society.

8. The right to develop his full potential in conditions of freedom and dignity.

9. The right to be brought up in a spirit of understanding, tolerance, friendship, among peoples, peace, and universal brotherhood.

10. The right to enjoy these rights regaurdless of race, color, sex, religion, politica or other opinion, national or social origin, and property, birth, or other status.

UMMM... I want a refund on my child-hood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit