Thought: it would hurt to give birth to a four-legged baby

by drwtsn32 5 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
  • Prisca
    Prisca

Cute thread title, although realistically, ultra-sounds would have revealed the baby wasn't normal, so it was likely delivered by C-section.

BTW, I tried clicking on the link, but it came up with a message saying the Yahoo page had expired.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Munkonge said the baby's deformities were caused by the incomplete growth of another fetus and a multiplication of cells that would normally have resulted in the birth of conjoined twins.

The mortality rate among babies with such severe deformities is high, especially in highly impoverished countries like Zambia where access to health services is poor.

The baby's mother said she gave birth to the baby girl two weeks ago in Choma, 188 miles south of the capital Lusaka.

Aww, such a difficult thing for that little cute baby & Mommy to go through! Hope everything turns out alright with the surgeries...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Cute thread title, although realistically, ultra-sounds would have revealed the baby wasn't normal, so it was likely delivered by C-section.

Yep, I'm sure it wasn't natural child birth.

BTW, I tried clicking on the link, but it came up with a message saying the Yahoo page had expired.

I fixed it by using a tinyurl. Simon's board doesn't handle URLs that contain an ampersand.

• Prisca
    Prisca

The report says that the baby was born to a "rural Zambian woman", which means that in all likelihood, the baby was delivered naturally. Urgh, poor woman.

Glad that the drs think that the baby will be able to function normally after the excess limbs have been operated on. She's a cute little thing (stop getting clucky Prisca!)

• Scully
    Scully

It hurts giving birth to two-legged babies. It's called "labour" for a reason!

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit