Interesting analogy [WARNING: LONG!]

by embalmed 2 Replies latest jw friends

• embalmed
    embalmed

I found this recently and thought it was pretty interesting.

Once upon a time, there lived a very powerful king. He was the proud father of many children, but wanted more still. Feeling experimental, he took a very young peasant boy under his wing. When the child, Aaron, arrived at the palace, the king had already built a marvelous courtyard strictly for the boy. The courtyard was very beautiful, filled with trees and plants of all sorts, along with many exotic animals. And there was also a door. The king told Aaron never to open the dooror else he would have to be executed. Aaron didn't really think much of it, since he didn't quite grasp the concept of execution anyway.
    After awhile, since the boy lived in the courtyard alone, he asked the king if he could have a friend. Seeing no problem with this, the king picked up another peasant child, a little girl named Emma. He told Emma what he told Aaron, never to open the door. Emma didn't think much of it as she, too, was vaguely familiar the meaning of execution.
    One day, Simon, the disgruntled middle child of the king, began thinking of how much his life sucked. He was bitter about his father favouring his eldest brother Jacob and giving Jacob special priveledges and never receiving any himself, when he was just as gifted, perhaps moreso, than his brother AND his father. As if that weren't enough, his father was always gloating about the two little peasant children he took in and he was always loving them perhaps as much as Jacob. Angry, Simon decided to cause trouble.
    Even though Simon had left the kingdom after a fight with his father, he still lurked around, despite the fact he would probably be exiled if caught. And since his father was so busy either loving his newly acquired children or sitting with Jacob and thinking up fabulous new ideas, he wasn't noticed. After the king left the courtyard balcony, Simon sneaked into the courtyard. He found Emma sitting quietly, humming to herself.
    "Hey Emma." She looked up at the stranger, but being since she was so naive from being sheltered from anything bad, she smiled innocently.
    "Hi!"
    "Wanna see something cool?"
    "Sure!"
    "Just go open that door."
    "But I'm not supposed to."
    "Don't worry, the king was just kidding. That's where he stores all the really cool stuff. Just go and see!" Smirking as Emma eagerly skipped over to the door, Simon slipped into some bushes and watched. Emma decided before opening the door, that she should get Aaron to come see too. Interested, Aaron followed Emma. As they opened the door, they were both shocked to find other people like themselves. Except these people were different in a way. Different in the way that their heads were no longer attached. Instead, the heads were stacked in another pile against the other wall. Frightened, Emma and Aaron closed the door and hid.
    When the king came along, he was surprised that the courtyard appeared to be empty. He looked around for Aaron and Emma, and found them hiding in the plants.
    "Why are you hiding?" the king demanded. Whimpering the children said nothing. First thing that popped into the king's mind was that they had opened the door. Sure enough, the door was not entirely closed. "Did you open that door?"
    "Emma told me to!" Aaron cried.
    "But the guy said it was okay!" Emma rebutted.
    "Dammit, Simon!" the king muttered under his breath. After a few moments of searching, his eyes found Simon. He roared, "Simon, get out of here! I hearby exile you." Satisfied, Simon stomped out, and vowed to cause as much trouble as possible in his father's kingdom from here on out.
    "And you two. OUT! You are hereby banished from my estate."
    Sadly, the two little children, Aaron and Emma left the courtyard, upset that their loving father would get so angry over their only mistake.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Heh, Simon...

Anyway, yes it does seem like the pinnacle of cruelty to damn mankind to eternal mortality just for the first "inexperienced" humans eating some fruit. Almost sounds like the stuff of LEGEND or MYTH to me.

• embalmed
    embalmed

Yeah, I thought that Simon thing was pretty funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit