What are they trying to say?

by Been there 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Last Saturday I was blessed with a visit from the witnesses (Again).

I opened my door and standing there was an elderly "brother" and a young "sister" of about 10 or 11. He started to speak and I just said "I'm not interested" and started to shut the door. He starts to talk again and I said "I'm NOT interested" in more of a tone that said what part of NOT INTERESTED don't you understand, and I shut the door.

My husband looked out the window and made an observation. He wanted to know why all the old men had canes and young girls? I looked out and in the whole picture was 3 sets of old men with canes and young girls. Are they trying to portray something? I'm old, be nice to me? or If we were full of pedeophiles (sp) would anyone trust me with their daughters? or are they using the kids as "be nice shields", knowing most people won't be so rude with a kid around?

I don't have the ability to stand and argue with them about doctrine. I am going to make a list and just ask if they are aware of certain things going on. I don't want an answer back, just for them to think. I would like to tell the next little girl (or boy) that comes with an old man that if anyone touches you in a way that makes you feel bad in anyway, to tell someone NOT in the congragation right away. How fast do you think they would get off my porch?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I would like to tell the next little girl (or boy) that comes with an old man that if anyone touches you in a way that makes you feel bad in anyway, to tell someone NOT in the congragation right away. How fast do you think they would get off my porch?

I believe they would be gone in a heart beat. I say go for it, in fact if ever presented with the opportunity I shall do the same.

Hugs

Cassi

• JH
    JH

Often I was matched with a young child in the field service. People must have thought that it was my kid, although I don't have any. I never did like seeing very young children going door to door.

Children that age should go with their parents, or with a sister.

• blondie
    blondie

Been there, the old guy might have been deaf. I knew of an old brother that never heard a thing and just kept talking. Some people took literature just to get him to stop talking. There are many single parent JWs who have more than 1 child. Some parents will work with 2 children. Usually, one gets farmed out with a JW without children. Thus, old JW without young children ends up with spare child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit