Jesse Smollett

by Bill Covert 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

In the news Northwestern Memorial Hospital [where Jesse Smollett was taken after attack], evidently fired 6 nurses for accessing Jesse's file. I did a topic [I was unable to locate in order to bump up] on the Sept.1 1987 Wt. article "A Time to Speak When?" that got several comments as my aunt being fired for revealing confidential medical information. That article was the basis of the Lev.5:1 informant policy.

Barbara Anderson researched that article "A Time to Speak When?' wrote an article posted on Watchtower Documents entitled "Flawed Decrees Conceal Criminals" of which she referred to in her TV story on the molestation of Romy Maples. This research project was the most time consuming project she ever took on.

One surprise was the writer of "A Time to Speak When?" was Ray Franz!

Barbara's conclusion was that the writings of the church pertaining to Lev.5:1 specifically direct elders to report molestations to police.

Interesting read.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

What are you talking about? Give us a little more background.

• sir82
    sir82

Sept.1 1987 Wt. article "A Time to Speak When?"

One surprise was the writer of "A Time to Speak When?" was Ray Franz!

Ray Franz was disfellowshipped in 1981.

The WT does not use disfellowshipped ex-members to write its articles.

It seems you or your sources have their information a bit...scrambled.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A Time To Speak-When?.... article download.

https://we.tl/t-aH84aAmzUN

Atlantis!

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Source Barbara Anderson

• sir82
    sir82

Read the article - looks like you got your facts scrambled.

The WT article "A Time to speak - When?" was written in 1987.

Barb's article, much farther down, explains Ray Franz's involvement in the development WT policy based on the mistranslation of Leviticus 5:1. That WT policy took form in the 60's and Ray Franz wrote books & articles, in the 60's and 70's, promoting that viewpoint.

He was long gone, but the policy was still "current truth", when someone else wrote the 1987 WT article.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm glad to hear that this is taken seriously. Since "fading" (and even before) I have had concerns that medical personnel who are JWs might access my healthcare records just to snoop because I've advised my docs that I no longer take the JW position against blood transfusions and when hospitalized, I have noted "No Religion" in my records.

I'd like to know that these medical institutions would indeed fire some snoopy JW.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

sir 82

I stand corrected. It was just something that got stuck in my mind as Barbara and I were going back and forth on that article. It was a 4 year project.

• sir82
    sir82

No problem - it is easy to get stuff mixed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit