Was that the annual meeting or did I view thte QVC channel instead?

by Socrateswannabe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    I have just started watching the 2015 annual meeting on JW Broadcasting and if the first hour of the program is any indicator, I may not be able to finish it. The rollout of the new midweek meeting by the two GB helpers was just too much. Replete with headphone mics and witty repartee, these guys were very Apple-esque, or at least that was what they intended, I think. In actuality it seemed more like the banter that you get on QVC when they're trying to sell you a diamond tennis bracelet. "...But wait, there's more!"...
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    There is a new midweek meeting coming?
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Viv, not really. It is simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They say they are placing more emphasis on the bible so there is now a 10 minute talk on the bible reading for the week, followed by an 8 minute discussion of the material. Then there are 3 demonstrations instead of 3 student talks, then a couple more parts that are essentially what is left of the service meeting, followed by the congregation bible study. So really not that much has changed but they are rolling this out as a single meeting called Our Christian Life and Ministry.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I thought you were making a pinkie-ring reference! Those are selling like hotcakes at Bethel!

DD

• bafh
    bafh
    David Schaffer, the guy on the left, was SO nervous.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    DD, that's true, everyone who is anyone has one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit