Bethel layoffs of oldies

by I am a Bible Student 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If you think they care about older ones or any one for that matter you haven't been around very long.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    I wonder....if after they are at warwick....if tight pants, lett, herd, splane, loesh, sanderson, or jackson.......will let any of these elderly , sleep on their couch?😡😩
  • LV101
    LV101

They have way too much money even before a Brooklyn billion and looks like the evil ones will live on better than ever street at the Warwick compound. Interior designers will have good work contracts on the individual floors/apts. of the evil 7. Waterfront views no less.

Last thing they need running around that compound is old people. It's sad they treat human beings that have given so much -- or were duped their entire lives.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    While we lack any real confirmation of the opening post I'm inclined to think this has the real possibility of being true after all the GB are a bunch of heartless bastards who could give a rat ass about loyal members when push comes to shove. They have thrown member to the curb or under the bus before so what is to stop them now in a money crunch?
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    You won't be seeing much of any type of "blue collar work" going on at the Place On the Lake once it is all done. GB don't like being around working men/women. That's the reason you can't walk through the lobby at Wat farm in work clothes. Why they got rid of the hogs and chickens---too much "farm" smell. Can't eat in the dinning room unless dressed properly. Real wealthy guy I worked for where one of the GB hung out, his lawn service started mowing and he stopped them, load up and come back another time, GB shouldn't be subjected to the sound of a mower and leaf blower for ten minutes. I was there, I saw that. They are royalty (kings and priests) in their minds and the minds of the ones that adore them and need to be separate from lowly working class.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

We have some close friends who are considered remote Bethelites. Guess what? They had to BUY THEIR OWN COMPUTERS!

My company provides me with a paycheck, benefits, a cell phone and guess what...a computer. Any they pay me!

How crazy is that? These people not only volunteer their time, give up their life and give donations, they have to pay for it themselves.

I guess the saying is true..."there is a sucker born every minute."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Jehovah's Witnesses are a religion for the young. When one gets old and no longer able to witness, one becomes useless to this performance based group. Can't you just feel the love?

Once again, this religion is not following Biblical scripture:

Psalm 71:9 (ESV) : "Do not cast me off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent. "

• Brother Down
    Brother Down
    There is layoffs happening for a certainty as for the elderly ones I dont know either, a young one in her thirties was sent home to our cong.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I feel badly for these people's predicament. This is bad news no matter what the age, but for somebody elderly it is disastrous! Who would have ever thought the religion would do this to them?

I am sure brothers with businesses will hire some of these people. I hope they can adjust to the real world. I wish these people the best of luck...but I have no doubt about the problems for whatever congregations they are sent back to!

There will be appeals for money, jobs and cheap housing to people in congregations already tapped out!!...It's not going to be pleasant!

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung
    The Dutch bethel has laid off 25%. My uncle (in his 50ies) is moving out, a former friend (in his 30ies) is allowed to stay. I guess I do not need to state that some skills not learned by the WTBS play a significant role.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit