Bethel layoffs of oldies

by I am a Bible Student 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For your information, you young snot-nosed whippersnapper, I don't consider 50's to be "elderly".

60's neither. Getting close maybe

Doc

• James Jack
    James Jack

I would not be surprised. Close sources(which I have already posted), have been calling me weekly telling me of non essential Bethelites being released.

Don't forget, that over a year ago, all CO's(no more DO's), over 70 were sent packing, no longer a Traveling Servant. So this News is not out line of what has been going on for years!

• freddo
    freddo

@James Jack

Good point.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know where I live in the about 08 lay off that they had at Bethel a couple I personally knew from who were in their early 60's were let go. This is in the Northwest part of the US. They were assigned to where her sister lived about 70 miles from us.

LITS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    They look pretty desperate in their videos. It wouldn't surprise me.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Is there no New Low the I magnificent 7 will. Not stoop to?

luxury apartments fo GB at Warwick, the street begging for older ones not of any further use!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Here is a photo from the 2015 yearbook. The photo was the audience attending the annual meeting. I would assume many of the older ones are from bethel. Maybe someone on here knows who gets these front row tickets. Rank and file or Bethelites?

• tiki
    tiki
    Poor saps.....
  • blondie
    blondie

1) you have to have so many credits in the SS system.

so long as you've worked for at least 10 years (for those born in 1929 or later). Ten years is the minimum amount of time required to earn the mandatory 40 credits.

Ray Franz had to work ten years before he could qualify (he was 60 when he left Bethel)

An elder's wife I knew had to go back because she had never worked at a job covered by SS, ten years.

Of course if you worked at a job covered by SS before going to Bethel, they might have some credits already built up.

Cynthia Franz had jw relatives that helped her with many things....remember she was never df'd or considered da'd by the WTS.

Congregations love having ex-Bethelites on their roster for the most part. Of course congregation have less money to help them; so hopefully some of those green handshakes will be extended to them.

• life is to short
    life is to short

bolndie

You would think that the congregations would want to help them after all they gave up their lives for this religion but that was not the case with that older couple I knew. In fact they sent a letter to all the close by halls asking to help this couple and during the service two elders had verbal war about whether it was proper and one elder said how do we know if this couple is deserving. Maybe because they spent their whole life at Bethel? It was amazing to watch.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit