two young boys killed themselves

by freein89 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freein89
    freein89

this happened a few years back in a congregation that I had formerly been associated with. I moved before I DA'd, anyway. It was in North Central Wisconsin and the story was in the news. The mother of the boys was disfellowshipped and still married to her active husband. I believe the boys were both under 12 and they had drawn a map on their Watchtower to the place where they eventually killed themselves. The two boys shot themselves. I didn't hear about it for some time after it happened but happened to catch it on the news. It was awful, I knew the family but hadn't seen them in years. Anybody else hear about it? It happened in the Phillips, WI area and perhaps I should do some research on it, could be helpful in future court cases. They interviewed the couple at their home, they both appeared in the story and the father was still taking their daughter to meetings, and denied that the children killed themselves because they felt trapped in a life with no real friends or future, the mother felt that they killed themselves because of the hopelessness of being JW,s and because they were a poor family and looked down on by other JW's, which they were, so the kids weren't really in and weren't really out - a horrible limbo.

I was raised like that and know how it feels. The point is the total control to make or break you. Horrible and needless tragedy. Maybe the boys lives and deaths wouldn't be in vain if their case could help others, it would surely demonstrate in a court case what Watchtower control is all about.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I believe the boys were both under 12 and they had drawn a map on their Watchtower to the place where they eventually killed themselves.

Yes I heard about it and saw an interview with the mother, I cant remember what it was on now, I think it could have been the dateline or something similar. The program took you to the place where it happened. It went through the procdure of the boys drawing the map etc.

Very sad.

Brummie

• freein89
    freein89

Brummie,

yup, sad, but I wonder what we coud do with it. Back when I heard about it, I would never have conceived of a legacy for those boys. If there is some kind of afterlife, maybe they are waiting. And if not surely something should come of it, other wise the WT is right, when you die you are just gone.

Deb

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The mother has posted her story on David Icke's website - http://www.davidicke.net/religiousfrauds/jw/murdered3.html

At first it seems she suspected that her JW husband had murdered the two boys, but police tests for gun shot residue showed that ther husbands hands and clothing were clean.

The two brothers were very close, and I think the older of the two reached "the age of understanding" and saw how totally hopeless his life would be. That's my opinion, anyway. It's tragic.

• freein89
    freein89

Nathan,

thanks for the info. I knew John Moore in my life as a JW, attended the same congregation from age 14-18 and then again from 1983-89. I moved and DA'd in 89. I always new John as a nice guy sort of shy and quiet. I never did get the details because my sister (still in) wouldn't share anything that would make the JW's look bad with her DA'd sister, imagine that. At the time I heard the story, the theory was that they did it because of hopelessness. My sister was in denial about that, when I asked her about the maps she just blew it off. Now it sounds like Roberta feels that her husband killed the boys, I personally don't think he is capable of such an act. However, her concern about having her daughter taken to meetings is genuine. I think if she dropped the conspiracy theories, and went to court just on the harmful effects of JW religion on children in general, she may get further. The new children's publication is very dangerous to young minds, as those of us who studied in the Paradise book can attest. I am interested in any other news on the case.

Deb

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am in touch with Roberta( Mother) her daughter is now a fully fledged JW the case is being reopened again > the gun was to far from the car to be suicide. There is a video of Roberta ...It can be purchased from Kohl Productions. He travelled there to interveiw Roberta... She still feels it is foul play- You say the father was nice ? Hey! how many in the watchtower did you know was any other way? Since I am out> I am hearing of folks I would have sworn on a stack of bibles were NICE folk- Now I am hearing from the kids, wives, husbands, what went on behind closed doors. Only GOD knows & I still believe we stand before a judgement throne ( sorry guys hold the rocks)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit