The Godhead/Trinity explained to Jehovah's Witnesses in the book of Zechariah

by JW Answers 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    He or she “hits” then runs

Yes. Christians like JWA live in a thought-bubble. Absolute certainty that they are correct because they refuse to even consider any alternative.

• AverageJoe1
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JWA - your don't want to answer any questions here or on your YouTube page, so ask yourself how one third of the alleged triplicate God (Jesus) can worship the 2nd third of this God (the Father) - as highlighted by the scriptures below.

Also, why is the last third of this mysterious triangle (Holy Spirit) MIA in virtually every Bible verse when the other two thirds (Father & son) are mentioned? (1 John 5:7 doesn't count)

Micah 5:4 - “And he will certainly stand and do shepherding in the strength of Jehovah, in the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God. And they will certainly keep dwelling, for now he will be great as far as the ends of the earth

John 20:17 - Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to MY Father and YOUR Father and to MY God and YOUR God.’

Romans 15:6 - That with one accord YOU may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...................

2 Corinthians 11:31 - The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, even the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.

Ephesians 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

Hebrews 1:9 - You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, YOUR God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners.”

1 Peter 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.............................

Revelation 1:6 - And he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father.......................

Revelation 3:2 - for I have not found your deeds fully performed before MY God

Revelation 3:12 - “The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of MY God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of MY God and the name of the city of MY God"

X = Agrees 0 = Disagrees

Bible Version RSV Amplified NIV NEB NKJ JB Living Good News

Micah 5:4 X X X X X X X 0

John 20:17 X X X X X X 0 X

Romans 15:6 X X X X X X 0 X

2 Corinthians 1:3 X X X X X X 0 X

2 Corinthians 11:31 X X X X X X 0 X

Ephesians 1:3 X X X X X 0 0 X

Hebrews 1:9 X X X X X X 0 X

1 Peter 1:3 X X X X X 0 X X

Revelation 1:6 X X X X X X X X

Revelation 3:2 X X X X 0 X X X

Revelation 3:12 X X X X X X 0 X

What do Matt.20:23, Matt.24:36, & 1st Cor.15:25-28 tell you about Jesus' knowledge and power? And if the 3 are 1, why is Jesus always called the Son of God, but never God the Son?

I agree with the wording of the Catholic Encyclopaedia's summary of the trinity - it's beyond the understanding of any created intellect.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Can someone provide a one sentence summary of the video, explaining how Zechariah supports the Trinity.

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

jwfacts, I didn't watch the whole video, but basically he's arguing for the deity of Jesus. I don't believe he goes into the deity or personhood of the Holy Spirit.

Most Trinitarian vs Unitarian debates are about the deity of Christ, and that includes the council of Nicea.

• Steel
    Steel

The story of the bible is in the old testament you have a figure called the angel of Lord, word of the Lord, wisdom of god etc etc who somehow speaks as god and separate from god and subjective to god all at the same time. It comes down to the idea that this invisible untouchable god etc etc takes on manifestion to deal with people.

Then you read the new testament and it's pretty obvious ( invisible image of god, no one has seen god only the son etc etc) who the writers think Jesus is. He is this weird being from the old testament who is co eternal and separate from god.

All this " ascending to my god and our god or our great god and father and Lord Jesus etc etc " isn't really the big deal breaker that JWs think it is.

Anyone who claims to have figured this all out is just selectively reading the bible. It's just messed strange stuff that can't be put in a neat little box.

IMHO the story of the bible is the story is closer to the creator stepping into the creation than god torturing the arch angel Michael to death but who knows. Maybe the bible is complete bullshit.

• cofty
    cofty

The mistake is to begin from an assumption that the bible contains a consistent christology.

• Steel
    Steel

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I do like the complexity and weirdness of the god of the bible. The whole father being revealed though the son , empowered by the spirit.

Jehovah witnesses have reduced god to Allah from Islam or just some random Hindu diety. Just a big guy in the sky.

I might not fully understand what I am talking about but I do at least have a starting point of the weirdness. Jws literally don't even understand why we have a new testament and I find that quite sad.

• steve2
    steve2

Steel, if the God of the Bible is one - as the Jews saw Him and spoke about him in the Old Testament, BTW - how can God be “reduced”? What a loaded word.

• Steel
    Steel

My point is when you really study the old testament , old testament writers weren't nearly as monolithic as we think.

New testament writers knew exactly what terms like Jesus is Lord sent from god the father or what Jesus meant by referring to himself son of God and son of man.

It's something I find quite interesting.

It's also the reason I don't attend the hall anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit