The Godhead/Trinity explained to Jehovah's Witnesses in the book of Zechariah

by JW Answers 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Trinity in Zechariah

The video below explains the Godhead/Trinity to Jehovah's Witnesses from the book of Zechariah using both the King James Bible and the New World Translation, showing the errors within the NWT.

• cofty
    cofty

JWA - Last time you raised the trinity I challenged you to explain it in your own words, avoiding esoteric Greek language, without contradiction or heresy.

You refused to answer. Why?

The trinity is post-biblical sophistry. It was invented to cover the embarrassment of a christian community who were worshipping Jesus and pretending to be monotheists.

My challenge stands.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Coffy - scholars agree with you.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think Cofty is partially right. Early Christians were also worshipping Marry as much if not more then Jesus. In early depictions Jesus was just the lamb of god and even had a lamb pictured on early Christian motifs. There was also the influence of the older Egyptian religion that had influenced Christianity. The later changes to Christianity involving a trinity were added to be more like the older Egyptian Osiris cult and deal with the Marry worship.

• cofty
    cofty

JW Answers NEVER answers.

This is a discussion forum, not your platform to dispense dogma.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW No Answers, would be a better name for him/her.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

All I need to learn about the trinity, I learnt from “Nuns On The Run”...

God is his son. And son is his God. But his son moonlights as a holy ghost, a holy spirit, and a dove. And they all send each other, even though they're all one and the same thing.”

”All you need to know about the trinity is this: God is like a shamrock; small, green, and split three ways!”

• cofty
    cofty
    The later changes to Christianity involving a trinity were added to be more like the older Egyptian Osiris cult and deal with the Marry [sic] worship - Crazyguy

There is no scholarly support for that conclusion.

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

Is the Trinity explicitly taught in the Bible? No. Is Jesus's divinity? Yes.

• steve2
    steve2

Cofty I share your frustration in getting answers from JW Answers. He or she “hits” then runs and getting answers is an impossibility. Says a lot about their lack of strength of conviction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit