Do some Jehovah witnesses engage in psychological terrorism

by poopie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

They certainly promote terror in that they terrorize people with the threat that if they don't become JWs god will slaughter them.

I would consider their employment of non-violent threats to intimidate or coerce us into submission to be acts that fall just short of psychological terrorism. Their methods are insidious and cruel, but terrorism is a bit harsh in my opinion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How many times did you hear this statement during the course of a public talk ?

" Brothers and sisters lets remember and keep in mind that there is little time left in this

wicked old system things by Satan, its final destruction is just around the corner. ".

Now keep in mind that there are large number of children seated listening to this.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

The last paragraph of a WT Study:

"Soon this systems of things with it's blah blah blah will be destroyed along with Satan the Devil. Are we not glad then to be resolved in our heart to avoid blah blah blah and survive into the new system God is preparing? Yes, instead of focusing on blah blah blah let us give more to the org"

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Yes, but it can be described as psychological warfare.

I won't go into a lot of detail due to reasons I can't explain here. Let me say this though; the WTS has methodically physiologically conditioned its members for many years now. And it all commences the moment you accept a book study. The meetings are of the utmost importance due to the reinforced positive conditioning that must take place. This is a form of operant conditioning which is necessary in order to continue the control over the members.

This is one of the reasons the WTS tells its members that attending the meetings is a life or death matter.

I hope this answered your question.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Absolutely. That's exactly what they do. I'm going to use that expression.

Anyone who has awoken in the middle of the night, drenched in a cold sweat, in the midst of a panic attack, knows they are psychological terrorists.

It took decades to overcome the terror embedded in my mind. I guess you never fully overcome the brain damage.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think sparrowdown summed it up pretty well .

smiddy

• Alive!
    Alive!

The org uses fear.

They love it.

Guess I learnt something - now to carry on with the journey....even this late time in my life.

I know about intense anxiety and panic attacks - never, ever before I was exposed to the WTBTS theology had I known this horror.

They are liars. That is the nature of the organisations culture. Another poster noted that they felt they became 'liars' for the truth - me too. I heard it and saw it. And maybe, I practiced it myself :-(

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    I was "water borded" by Witnesses!!!!! Given just a bottle of water at the convention Saturday and bored sh#tless! 😊
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just wondering - please dont be offended - how many JW deaths, suicide & blood refusal, versus how many Western deaths caused by terrorism*

as the saying goes, just sayin'

* not including middle eastern deaths/muslim deaths as that obviously runs into hundreds of thousands

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Witness007 LoL!😝

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit