Episode of Night Shift July 13th Episode

by ToesUp 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Did anyone watch this Night Shift Episode last night? The teenagers Grandfather was a JW. The Granddaughter wanted a large growth on her face removed but lied to the Doctors about her age (she was 16). The Grandfather enters trying to get the girl out of the hospital due to the blood issue. Anywho, if you didn't watch it, it was worth a watch. They had it pretty spot on except Grandpa sported a beard and went to pray in the hospital chapel. Definite JW no no's.

In the end he told the Surgeon that his Grandaughter was saved but missed out on eternal life in paradise earth due to taking blood transfusions. WTF? So God saves you then destroys you? When you are out of the cult you can really see how nutty their beliefs really are.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Beards? Hospital chapel? Wow...writers really need to run this stuff by exJWs.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yeah Londo, I agree but they had their blood doctrine down to a tee. He even said, "you can be disfellowshipped for taking blood."

• Londo111
    Londo111

The more accurate line would be, "You can disassociate yourself by your actions for taking blood."

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

As a fan of House m.d I always wondered how would be an episode on the blood issue. I actually think they must've had a good reason for not doing so.

I imagine that the episodr would be the cliché "patient needs blood but is JW so says no, House threats, destructs his/her beliefs, everything leads to the patient death but in the end he/she lives"

what I think could be different is if House after all got to convince him/her to take blood but actually had alrady figured out a way to do the procedure no blood. Then he would throw on everybody faces how the doctrine is ridiculous. Maybe they could make an ending with the patient actually taking Blood but House agreeing to lie in the files in order to the elders not disfellowship her, and showig how the process is passive of hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit