A New Name for an Old Orgy - Awake 95 2/8 pp. 26-27

by Sea Breeze 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Yep, that is the title of an article in the 1995 Awake magazine alerting people to the horrors of Valentine's cards & candy. The message is simple, if you eat Valentine's candy at school while no one is looking, it's nearly the same as being in an orgy.

I just can't believe some of the garbage I used to read and regard as acceptable literature. I been out for 28 years. Orgy? They are nuts.

Valentine was a pastor of a congregation in Rome who secretly married soldiers against the wishes of a Roman emperor who overstepped his bounds. He was martyred for honoring marriage and not allowing the State to take it away. I know that people say he was Roman Catholic, but 269AD was long before anything resembling the Roman Catholic Church emerged.

The WT hates early Christians and what they stood for. In reality, the WT is a new name for an old scam.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's very hard to participate in an orgy without at least some other people being aware. So their very analogy, that it's the same as eating candy while nobody is looking, is flawed from the get go.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Not former, most of their teachings are flawed.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I love chocolate, but I don't know that I've ever had a piece that made me feel like I was taking part in an orgy.

Although, some of those chocolate-covered cherries...

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    NotFormer
    It's very hard to participate in an orgy without at least some other people being aware. So their very analogy, that it's the same as eating candy while nobody is looking, is flawed from the get go.

I don't think they can help themselves, NotFormer. Because it's like their reasoning where they HAVE to have two or three witnesses to confirm child molestation, even though in many cases, the only two witnesses that witnessed the incident was the victim and the perpetrator, and no one else was there to see it. lol 😄...🙄

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

IWant2Know, it's an interesting thought. An orgy has multiple participants, but the elders couldn't get a conviction, because of the two witnesses rule; nobody would confess, therefore it never happened! 😱🙀 Ratting out the other parties would amount to being a confession. "Keep Mum, she's not so dumb"*...

*Quote from a WW2 propaganda poster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit