28 Days Later

by OrbitingTheSun 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I just saw 28 Days Later, and it was great! Has anyone else seen it?

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/28dayslater/

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Orbit-

My husband wants to see this movie SO bad!!! I'm glad it's entertaining!

• Simon
    Simon

yes

It's a decent film

I like the kind of 'gritty' feel it has to it, possibly because it's a cheap UK production rather than a glossy hollywood blockbuster - kind of like "Reign of Fire" was too.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Is that the new scary one? Is it really scary? Moz loves horror films and is wanting to see this. I just can't do scary flicks.

*hiding under covers*

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

SP, if you don't mind scary movies go see it with him! It’s a bit philosophical, too…so it’s not one of those that scares you and then bores you because there is no story.

I agree Simon, it is gritty. It was directed by the same guy who directed Trainspotting (which I also loved) and his work is gritty...among other things.

Billygoat, if you frighten easily stay away from this movie LOL. I screamed 3 times, and I just don’t scream in movies. I really got my money’s worth this time.

The soundtrack is also really good. I looked for it online, put it was only available on Amazon.com in the UK. It was £10.99. How much is that in US currency?

• toddy
  • OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Thanks Toddy!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Just saw it last night.

I thought it was great. Its pretty darn scary but also not just about the gross factor. I loved the idea behind it...

plus didnt you guys think the ending left it wide open...(like it they wanted to do a sequal just not sure if I like that idea as most sequals arent usually as good as the first...then again there was alot they could expand on I think)

Ahhh well It was a really great flick. I enjoyed it very much. (I think its one of those things thats even scarier cause it could actually happen )

Cheers.

• glitter
    glitter

I thought it was really really good up until the point <spoiler> got infected - if he had escaped and gone on to terrorise the others, that would have been fine. But I hated the army part, they should have concentrated on the scary infected crazy people.

Oh and it has the most outrageously obvious and over the top product placement since "Mac and Me"!

But the first half an hour or so was great, like I said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit